Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:48:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting.  (Read 3346 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2015, 12:53:14 AM by Snowguy716 »

Or perhaps they could just register to vote where they have their vehicles registered?  Registering to vote is a declaration you live there.  So long as failure to pay the car. income, and other taxes due because of where they registered doesn't disqualify one from voting, it isn't a poll tax.
You either didn't go to college or didn't have to so this.

College students are young adults breaking away from home.  They are meeting the world in a college community.  Their first community as an adult.  They have every right to have a say in the community in proportion to the population size within the community.

That said they are temporary.  Making them do this in order to vote is a poll tax fair and simple.  Or its disenfranchisement by making them vote in a community they are the process of leaving.

Do I really have to explain this to you?

Another cynical reactionary policy by bitter conservatives...and given legitimacy by reasonable idiots.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:45 AM »

If they are living there, and spending 9 months sleeping at a place is certainly living there, then they should meet all the requirements a person living there has to.  Just like any other human.
Um.  Actually they don't as that is the very nature of college.

If you want to ruin the political dynamic of college communities and to satiate your warped sense of logical consistency, that's fine.

But you did't get this.  You needn't have an ohio license to have your car there and drive the whole 9 months...unless you want to vote,  then thatll be $75 please.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:48 AM »

Also, uh... what about students who don't have cars?  Or, god forbid, don't have driver's licenses?  Where do they fit into this sh*t sandwich?
In the cloud of 'lets pass this now before we think about it cuz muh librul college students'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies