Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:34:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio Senate advances bill that could deter college students from voting.  (Read 3362 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 27, 2015, 01:29:25 AM »

Also, uh... what about students who don't have cars?  Or, god forbid, don't have driver's licenses?  Where do they fit into this sh*t sandwich?

Sounds like this wouldn't apply to them. It's saying if you have a car, it should be registered in OH if you are registered to vote in OH. 

The car-vote registration connection seems pretty arbitrary to me. If you live somewhere the greater part of the year, you are involved in that community. It makes more sense for you to vote there than somewhere you don't spend as much time in and so don't have as much of a clue what's going on. If you have your car registered in another state with your parents or whatever because it's easier, what's the big deal? 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:47:35 AM »

If you live somewhere the greater part of the year, you are involved in that community. It makes more sense for you to vote there than somewhere you don't spend as much time in and so don't have as much of a clue what's going on.

And what about people that, you know, disagree?

I guess they have a reason for disagreeing?  I'm not sure what you're asking.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »

You seem confused by the prospect that people might still be more interested in participating in the political process back home rather than at school, and therefore they shouldn't.

That's taking my words to be much more strict than I intended.  If you are keeping up with what is going on in your home community, and want to vote there, I don't really problem with that. I just don't expect that most students or others that live most of the year somewhere else are really keeping up with what is going on back home.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies