Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:48:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Ithaca College SGA passes bill for online reporting of microaggressions  (Read 3297 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2015, 12:24:28 AM by Cory »

I think it's telling that these SJW types rank "Income/Class" as way lower on the privilege totem pole than it should be. Gee I wonder why.....
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:36 AM »

I think it's telling that these SJW types rank "Income/Class" as way lower on the privilege totem pole than it should be. Gee I wonder why.....

Though you could say the exact same thing for working class straight white men.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 07:18:54 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ahahaha, oh wow

great job liberals, 10/10

This really isn't a "liberal" thing, TNF.

In the traditional sense, it's certainly not. Liberals used to be defenders of free speech and opponents of things like monitoring online discussion and cataloging people who make the wrong comment so that they can better 'analyze' that information without of course, divulging to the person in question that they're being monitored. That liberalism is dead though. The new liberalism is all about the state or its equivalents in the private sector being the ever present monitor of all, cataloging information at all times that could be used at any given moment if someone says the wrong words somewhere or does the wrong thing. That it does so for the purported purpose of anti-racism (without ever addressing the structural issues of capitalism that make racism a reality) makes it all the more dangerous, as it can entice well-meaning members of the liberal-left into supporting it.

Believe it or not, TNF, power dynamics do exist and people can be victimized for a number of things. We don't live in your oversimplified world where the only thing that matters is how much money you have and if you're rich you're "bad" and if you're poor you're "good."

Believe it or not, I'm not as dumb as you think I am, and I have never once suggested that power dynamics concerning race and gender, etc. do not exist. Maybe you should try reading my posts once in awhile? I know its difficult for you to understand what I'm getting at here. After all, we can't all be well paid dicks who work in an office like you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 02:13:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ahahaha, oh wow

great job liberals, 10/10

This really isn't a "liberal" thing, TNF.

It's certainly a leftist/progressive thing.

No, it's just a "dumb people being dumb" thing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 02:24:08 AM »

Ugh, the progressive left that dominates many universities today is disgustingly militant and powerful.

I don't know about powerful; they are, for now, rightfully disregarded outside of universities. The possibility of this stuff filtering out into greater society is intensely disturbing, however.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies