Harry Reid retires!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:58:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Harry Reid retires!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry Reid retires!!!  (Read 12395 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

Lean D. I can't see Republicans winning against a decent Dem candidate in a presidential year. If anything the chance of holding this seat has gone up.

Also GODDAMMIT I HATE CHUCK SCHUMER
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »

Do any of you guys think Cortez Masto's defense of Nevada's gay marriage ban could make an opening for Titus in the primary?

Old news, and most people accept that Masto was just doing her job.

I think Reid's endorsement seriously kills any chance at an upset by Titus or anyone else. He IS the Nevada Democratic Party.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »

Anyone who thinks the Majority Leader's job is to work with the Minority and to encourage debate is a naïve moron. The Majority Leader's job is to keep the majority party out of the minority, and making sure as few Minority party bills see the floor as possible.

I hate Mitch McConnell, but Mitch McConnell doesn't and shouldn't care what I or any other Democrat thinks.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »

Lots of successful governors don't want to become senators and it's not hard to see why not.

Why not? The hyperpartisan environment in Washington?

Legislating and being an executive are two very different jobs. Some people can do both, some people can do one and fail at the other, and some can do both but greatly prefer one or the other.

Big egos, like Manchin, especially seem to gravitate towards being executives.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »

Also, in other Nevada related news:

State Sen. Ruben Kihuen, who ran for NV-01 in 2012 but lost the primary to Titus, has announced he will be running against Cresdent Hardy in NV-04. He's technically carpet-bagging, but I don't think voters will care whether he lives in Las Vegas or North Las Vegas.

I don't think it will take much to dislodge Hardy, but he seems like a solid recruit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies