The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:29:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)  (Read 3644 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:08 AM »
« edited: August 05, 2019, 09:46:57 AM by Fmr. Pres. Duke »

Hello friends,

Today is the day I will make my big announcement. No, it isn't a senate run, and no, I am not running for President. Instead, I have decided to begin an undertaking that maybe no one has done, I am not sure, but whatever, I am going to do it. I am happy to announce I intend to form the Duke Presidential Library where I will begin to chronicle all of the achievements, moments and speeches given during my 8 months in office.

This will be a place where we can all join around the happy pipe and reminisce on the days of yore, including The Era of Good Feeling, The Radical Gay Agenda, and of  course, The People's Movement that caught fire during my dear Marokai and I's term in office.

There will be a collection of every piece of legislation passed during my time in office. We can shed tears of joy over the Pacific Stimulus, the healthcare overhaul, the education reforms, fixing our corporate tax code, outlawing right to work laws and protecting workers, granting gays asylum in our great nation, setting up a massive federal business loans program, and so much more. And don't forget, there will be a special section devoted to returning the South to its former glory by eradicating the IDS names just as St. Patrick eradicated Ireland of all its snakes.

Please join me in welcoming this endeavor to our shores. I will begin work on this as soon as possible, and I hope you all will stop by and have a bourbon with me while I work!

Love always,
Duke
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:50:38 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 03:30:57 PM by Duke »

The Beginning
Atlasia had always been a mystery to this young boy. He'd watch as people like Phil, Naso, Brandon H, and DWTL played a game that made no sense to him. One day, Xahar contacted him asking him if he wanted to join Atlasia. Not knowing a thing that was going on, Duke asked Xahar to recommend him a party to join. The famous kingofthebenchpress had just started a Conservative Party, and eager to get his feet wet, Duke joined. Below is the post that started it all:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Running For President

In early September 2013, President Nix, a friend and ally of Duke's, announced he would not seek re-election, leaving the race wide open for someone to sweep in and grab the White House. For years following his 2 vote defeat in October 2011, Duke's name had been floated as a possible presidential candidate, but nothing ever came of it. Instead, he had served in numerous capacities, including Southern Legislator and most recently Vice President under Marokai Blue.

Below is the initial campaign speech made announcing his run:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The First Term Legislation - The Early Days

Onward and Ramping Up

* Bold indicates major legislation, italics indicate a Presidential Redraft, bold italics indicate major redrafts.
** Red lettering indicates Duke Administration agenda legislation
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »

Place holder
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:13 AM »

Place holder
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:47 AM »

Damn, I must open my own library. After all, I was (acting) President too. I even signed a couple of bills and made two cabinet appointments!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »

Great idea!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »

I like it!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »

It's a shame you're not running for office, but this is an excellent idea nonetheless.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »

I shed tears of joy at this glorious news.

This is truly a banner day in the history of this republic.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »

The legislation from the first half of my first term is now memorialized. The pieces of legislation I felt were major steps in our nation are bolded and the links are matched back to the debate thread.

I will begin work on the second half of my first term as soon as I can and go from there.

The project is ongoing!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

...you wrote a "transgender rights act"?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »

...you wrote a "transgender rights act"?

No, that was not one of the bills I wrote. Maybe I need to better clarify which ones I authored and which ones the rest did. I redrafted a record number of bills during my time in office, so I need to specify which I redrafted too.

We here at the Duke presidential Library are always looking to improve, so we thank you for your feedback, dear Simfan!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »

This is fantastic, and I am behind it 100%.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

The Transgender Rights Act was wrote by TNF Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:15 PM »

Yes, I didn't roll out many of my administration's bills until later in my first term, mainly because the senate took months to deliberate what I was trying to do before it was passed. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »

I approve of this effort.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:56 AM »

Yes, I didn't roll out many of my administration's bills until later in my first term, mainly because the senate took months to deliberate what I was trying to do before it was passed. Tongue

Also, those first two months were rather lame with really only seven Senators who were not there in name only (no offense to Gass but he had really checked out and missed the vote on Fix The Regions. Don't even get me going on Nappy and Xahar. Thanks Labor. Tongue). Also until Shua was elected in place of Napoleon in the midterms, there was a six left leaning Senate majority (Nappy, Gass, TNF, bore, Tyrion [thanks Oakvale Tongue] and Xahar (Thanks Feds Tongue), which is often forgotten because I maintained the PPTship throughout that period (thanks Kyle. Tongue), though considering I ran the post as non-partisan, my presence should not have indicated anything of the sort.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:14 AM »

Work continues on this project. I am also deciding whether to include things prior to my presidency, like pre-dissolution stuff or just keep it to the modern era. There is so much to cover.

I can't believe I was elected after making that initial exploratory speech. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 01:50:07 PM »

Your Presidency was a product of a career of dedication, devotion. Of turning the night time into the day. After all the violence and double talk, the people turned to a leader who had demonstrated his skills across five years of Atlasian History.

Start at the beginning. May 02, 2008.

And we both know, modern Atlasia began August 07, 2008. Tongue

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »

I hadn't realized, before reading those links, that Duke registered after I did.

Weird.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »

Your Presidency was a product of a career of dedication, devotion. Of turning the night time into the day. After all the violence and double talk, the people turned to a leader who had demonstrated his skills across five years of Atlasian History.

Start at the beginning. May 02, 2008.

And we both know, modern Atlasia began August 07, 2008. Tongue

Well, yes, I can touch on that period too, but I have limited space in the three posts I reserved. I don't know how much text I can fit into each, and I'd prefer to cover more of my Presidency than anything else. I guess I can expand the library further if I need to.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

You must stimulate the economy Duke. The South has a 6.0 Unemployment rate. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:19 AM »

You must stimulate the economy Duke. The South has a 6.0 Unemployment rate. Tongue

I can make it as large as possible then. There's just so much to cover since I span two eras of Atlasia politics.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »

Stay tuned for a wonderful speech and announcement.

For those of you who do not know me, you will know me soon, and I would encourage you to read the first few posts in this thread. I am happy to be here and happy to be back in presidential politics.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »

Stay tuned for a wonderful speech and announcement.

For those of you who do not know me, you will know me soon, and I would encourage you to read the first few posts in this thread. I am happy to be here and happy to be back in presidential politics.
Can I guess what the announcement is going to be - given that you said you're going back into "Presidential politics" Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies