The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:33:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Duke Presidential Library (Senate Endorsement)  (Read 3653 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 11:03:16 PM »

Stay tuned for a wonderful speech and announcement.

For those of you who do not know me, you will know me soon, and I would encourage you to read the first few posts in this thread. I am happy to be here and happy to be back in presidential politics.
Can I guess what the announcement is going to be - given that you said you're going back into "Presidential politics" Smiley

I won't judge nor ridicule you on your guess, I promise you that!

Guess away
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 11:43:55 PM »

So it is probably one of these four things:
-Your running for President
-Your North Carolina Yankees running mate
-Your making an expansion to your Presidential Library 
-Your about to announce an endorsment for President

I AM NOT running for president. NO ONE knows WHO I am and frankly I love one of the candidates in the race already
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »

Or maybe he's going to announce the difference between your and you're
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 12:01:47 AM »

Or maybe he's going to announce the difference between your and you're
Or maybe he has found a way to revive Harambe Surprise
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 08:30:31 AM »

Good morning friends,

Hello. My name is Duke and I once served as the grand leader of this country. While many of you don't know me, I used to be very great, and the ideas regarding our new structure of government began with Adam Griffin and me many moons ago, when politics had a certain class to them, people from both sides of the isle got along, and the Radical Gay Agenda was in full thrust. This glorious period became known as The Era of Good Feeling.

But this endorsement isn't for myself. While I knew The People called me to run again in my head, this time I determined it was the alcohol creating the voices and not the actual People. Between the work, women and booze these days, I don't have much free time.

Today, I am here to endorse my good friend and ally of nearly a decade, North Carolina Yankee for the Presidency of Atlasia. Why am I doing this, you ask? Why am I putting my dick out there for everyone to see and forcing you people to look at it like old times? Well, he's the leader Atlasia needs. And he is the leader  you all should want. I have worked with this man for a very long time and seen and felt the passion he has on improving this game.

Even when it wasn't politically expedient to do so in his own party, he supported reforms. Even when it seemed like the entire population of Atlasia was against him, he fought. Even when dark forces tried to derail and destroy Atlasia, he stood by her and never left her side, just like he stood by me in the Era when very few people would. He watched me cry, laugh, and danced with me at parties. When I was down, he would lift me up. And today I am here to lift him up, up to the office of the presidency.

Those of you who are on the  fence about who to vote for, consider this: there is one man who has been around for almost a decade in this game, one man who has sat in the decision room with me, reformed healthcare with me, worked with both sides of the isle as PPT in our most productive senate sessions with me, and watched me in my happiest and lowest moments in  this game. That man is NC Yankee. NOW is the time to move Atlasia forward into this new era with a man with the tools, knowledge and experience to do so.

There is no one I trust more in this game to do just that. Join me in supporting NC Yankee. Take my hand, kiss the ring, bow down so he can lift us up into a better tomorrow!

Thank you all! Wow! So happy to be back even if it is just for a bit.  

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 09:00:10 PM »

Through thick and thin, I have witnessed, helped, supported and encouraged my good friend, President Duke. For two years he was my Vice Chairman in the Regional Protection Party and we served most of that time together in the Senate with him representing all the People as At-Large Senator and myself representing the good people of the South. He parted from me for a year after he left the Senate and the RPP was dissolved. However, we got together again in the fall 2012 and I helped him survive a tough reelection battle to the Imperial Legislature.

The following March, AHDuke became the first of a string of Vice Presidents who were the victims of my crazy idea to have an active VP. I enjoyed working with him and President Marokai together on numerous issues and especially that June when the country was faced with the turmoil of the events in the Pacific. Those same events were a critical focal point of Duke's first and second term from working to reform the regions broadly without success to bringing the Pacific back from the point of ruin. President Duke led efforts to reform the tax code and healthcare delivery, and in the Spring of 2014 joined with me and Senators from a combination of four different parties to reform the Public Healthcare system in a way that actually worked.

When you think of President Duke, you think of three important things. You think of reform, you think of getting things done and finally you think of a degree of respect and mutual cooperation that defined what became known as The Era of Good Feelings. I wish I had it in my power to recreate such feelings, but I alone do not. However, together as the great people of this country we can unite to demand a return to, if not the same thing, than something fairly close Together, we can finally unite to send a clear message to those that say the Era of Good Feelings is dead, that we as Atlasians do in fact deserve better. That we, the people, demand A More Welcoming Atlasia!

Thank You, President Duke for having me at your great library and I invite all Atlasians to come here and learn about such a great President and distinguished public servant.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 11:56:43 PM »

Hello all,

I have missed each and everyone one of you. How are things? Please response.

Love,

Duke, once the president
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »

Hi, Duke. We need more people like you around here.

Thanks,
A guy who arrived after you left
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »

Hey Duke. It's been a while.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2017, 03:02:40 AM »

Hello all,

I have missed each and everyone one of you. How are things? Please response.

Love,

Duke, once the president

Well I have been hammered in real life this past month between work load and then my mortal enemy, unexpected health emergencies.

I am glad to see you and hope that we can get caught up at some point. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 03:17:22 AM »

Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2017, 10:23:52 PM »

Purple heart
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »

What an icon in our presence.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 05:09:48 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Like getting with your ex girlfriend after too much spiked eggnog at a Christmas party, it still feels like home in here, even after all the time that has passed. It's nice to see so many old faces still grinding away even after we blew the game up and restructured it.

I have not bothered to read many of threads, nor do I know who is the leader of this country now, but I do hope the love is still flowing through each and every one of you. It is, after all, Christmas time, and I wanted to return to wish you all a warm holiday season from the bottom of my heart and thank you for keeping this game going.

To quote the great boy band, N'sync, "no matter what your holiday, it's time to celebrate and put your worries aside, open up your mind, see the world right by your side - it's Christmastime!"

Happy holidays, merry Christmas, love to you all,

Duke
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 05:30:45 PM »

nor do I know who is the leader of this country now

[awkwardly waves]

But also,

Thanks,
A guy girl who arrived after you left

Happy Holidays to you as well!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Like getting with your ex girlfriend after too much spiked eggnog at a Christmas party, it still feels like home in here, even after all the time that has passed. It's nice to see so many old faces still grinding away even after we blew the game up and restructured it.

I have not bothered to read many of threads, nor do I know who is the leader of this country now, but I do hope the love is still flowing through each and every one of you. It is, after all, Christmas time, and I wanted to return to wish you all a warm holiday season from the bottom of my heart and thank you for keeping this game going.

To quote the great boy band, N'sync, "no matter what your holiday, it's time to celebrate and put your worries aside, open up your mind, see the world right by your side - it's Christmastime!"

Happy holidays, merry Christmas, love to you all,

Duke

The best thing about you, is that you always have a great way of keeping things in perspective. That was case when you were knee deep in this place, and is still the case now.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »

Thanks,
Ted is transitioning?! About damn time!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

Thanks,
Ted is transitioning?! About damn time!

#BFA begins!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »

Hello everyone,

The time has come for my bi annual return to the forum to celebrate the upcoming election. Since I have left, my professional life has been great. The law has never been more lucrative. My personal life is in shambles as always, as is our country in general.

Who is president now? Is this country still called Atlasia? Does anyone remember me? Are the parties still the same?

Hope everyone is well. My old friends and new ones.

Love will always prevail,

Duke
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 05:24:24 PM »

Hello everyone,

The time has come for my bi annual return to the forum to celebrate the upcoming election. Since I have left, my professional life has been great. The law has never been more lucrative. My personal life is in shambles as always, as is our country in general.

Who is president now? Is this country still called Atlasia? Does anyone remember me? Are the parties still the same?

Duke

I miss you Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 05:42:58 PM »

Hello everyone,

Duke

I am the President. Tongue

The Country is officially called: The Republic of Atlasia or The Atlasian Republic.

I remember you always. Smiley

Parties:
Federalists are still alive and kicking and have won more Presidential elections than you could imagine (June 2016, Feb 2017, June 2017, Oct 2017, Feb 2018 and now June 2018). 

Labor kind of died and sort of illegally merged with the new Progressive Union Party.

Progressive Union Party is the major left wing party and with the smaller Peace Party, the left has a majority in the House.

There is also the centrist/reformist oriented Alliance Party.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »

Truly a sign from the gods!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »

Are you a lawyer IRL?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2018, 03:41:22 AM »

Hello everyone,

Duke

oh sh-t Duke it's good to see you! I'm rarely active these days except when all these new kids summon me to request sage fantasyland legal advice. I hope your irl legal career with the Greek mob is going well
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2018, 08:24:25 AM »

Yes.

And wow! Yankee is President? Finally moved on from being PPT I see Wink

I'm shocked the Federalists have won so many since I left. I guess I really did pave the road toward greatness.

How did the Labor Party die? I thought the Progressive Union died out years ago?

Hello everyone,

Duke

oh sh-t Duke it's good to see you! I'm rarely active these days except when all these new kids summon me to request sage fantasyland legal advice. I hope your irl legal career with the Greek mob is going well

I haven't been summoned in forever. I don't even know if I'm registered here anymore. But it's good to see you too. Hope all is well here and outside the forum Smiley

Sadly I am no longer working for the Greek mob as I graduated to more of a real law firm. I'm sure mob like things still go on there but I am less privy to it. I hope to move up the ladder and be able to participate in more sleazy activity in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies