A speech from Dixie!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:03:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A speech from Dixie!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A speech from Dixie!  (Read 368 times)
WiseGuy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:22:06 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

Tonight I want to set the record straight on where I stand on Governor StatesRights' decision to nullify the Marriage Equity Act.  I signed the Resolution to support him for three reasons:

1) As I've said before, I do support the Regions' right to decide how to define marriage, although I do not believe this act is the best way to go about it.

2) I felt I should stand behind Governor StatesRights as his Lt. Governor.

3) If enough people speak out, including myself, someone will eventually make a move to amend the Constitution, which is what I would like to see happen.  Senators Gabu and Kramer have offered to propose this to the Senate.

For the record, I don't believe those who identify themselves as homosexuals are a lesser class of people than heterosexuals.  I am first and foremost a strong Regional rights advocate.  I believe that each Region should be responsible for regulating themselves according to the will of the people.

On that note, I personally favor banning gay marriage and replacing it with Civil Unions.  I support this because matrimony has always been a sacred union between a consenting man and woman for the purpose of procreation.  I sincerely believe it is important to preserve that tradition for future generations.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies