Okay For Real This Time: Dis Guns For Hire!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Okay For Real This Time: Dis Guns For Hire!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Okay For Real This Time: Dis Guns For Hire!!!  (Read 533 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »

Duke Presidential Library
March 28, 2015
1:00 PM

I stand before you today on the site of what will be the focal point of our recent history. The Duke Presidential Library, presently under construction. I was invited here to speak by our distingushied devilishly handsom friend and former President. I want to say that I wish him luck on this momentus project and that unlike some times when I have gotten him into trouble with crazy suggestions, this one should be nothing but positive all around. The Duke Presidency was a great time in Atlasia and its luster shall only glow with the perspective of subsequent events making it look even better with hindsight. From reforming healthcare to saving the Pacific region, to yes, pushing for some controversial reforms the era of good feelings had something good for everyone to enjoy.

I come here not to talk just about the past, but also about the future and say yes I am Kira... er I mean I am running for At-Large Senate in April. I plan to push some timeless ideas and values, but I also have a couple of new ones that I will share in the coming...

Sir, Sir, I am afrair you have to leave the premises.
Why?
We have kind of accidentally ruptured a gas line.

To be Continued...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »

Oh my god this is so good. Best post of Atlasia 10/10.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpT-FW_G8-A
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:49:21 PM »

Yankee belongs to the Senate. The Senate is his natural habitat. Endorsed (duh! Tongue) Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:40 AM »

Yankee belongs to the Senate. The Senate is his natural habitat. Endorsed (duh! Tongue) Smiley

I lost him somewhere between 12 and 13.

And, yeah, I think we can all agree we can't afford some freak incident where Yankee becomes President and leaves the Senate. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »

Now that the gas line has been repaired and the crazed, drunken heckler removed we shall proceed where we left off.

I plan to push for some new ideas or at the very least ideas that I have not emphasized as much in the past because whilst things have improved greatly, particularly in the individual regions thanks to the hard work of Governors and Emperors alike (it was still called that when these actions were taken Tongue). The time has come thought to lock in that success and there are important changes that will have to be made in my view to ensure that continue as we have been going and not regress later on. This will require the formation of competative blocks in each region and a regional party system that forces both competition and encourages participation. In the coming days I will outline a series of changes that I would like to see occur, a good many of which come straight from the Duke or MaroDuke agendas.

Whilst we are on that subject, I am not satisfied with the fact that we have created the Speakership in place of the PPT and if one of my reforms is to succeed then it will need to be reversed, but I will save that discussion for a subsequent speech. I think we can still look at further reforms of the legislative branch in Nyman. Presently, there is a debate about districts going on and passage seems likely as only Mr. Lief has stated opposition and unless he can rally his party against it, the results are fairly obvious. I have long disdained the system by which we elect at-Large Senators, but on the flip side it is all I and most Atlasians have ever known. The loss of competative specials, is also a concern many have expressed and one I would tend to share as well.

I mentioned early the reforms that have occured in the regions with how they are functioning. One of the absolute necessitites is to realize that now is not the time to start removing responsibilities and actions from them, but to instead use this time to illustrate just what the regions can handle and so far the answer from Nyman has been nothing. We need to pursue and enact more policies that involve the regions or better yet let the regions take the lead role with Nyman in a supporting capacity. It is then for the regions to pick up the ball and run with it, but a culture that has come to embrace and accept regional failure also needs to be changed as well to ensure that these efforts are met with success. No less than President bore himself has expressed some understanding or agreement for the need to ensure the regions have exlucisivity over a certain issue set.

I intend to break these issues down and dedicate some remarks or even an event to not only these matters but also those that weren't included in this round. For now though I would like to thank the people for turning out on this day and President Duke for inviting me to speak at his grand event. I hope that over the course of the campaign I will have earned your vote for me in these At-Large Senate elections.

Thanks and Dave Bless
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies