Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes  (Read 4415 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »
« edited: March 29, 2015, 05:43:20 PM by Deus Naturae »

If you don't see what a huge deal the email thing is, you're either a massive hack or just ignorant about what happened. It isn't just that Hillary deleted her emails, it's that she blatantly violated State Department rules by handling all of her emails on a private server (not even a private address, she set up her own server ran out of her apartment so that it would be even harder for the public to see her messages) so that the public wouldn't be able to see them (something they could do via FOIA requests if she had used a .gov address as she was supposed to), and then after this is all revealed, she deletes thousands of emails.

How are you going to tell me she was not doing all kinds of criminal things? This would be funny if it wasn't so likely that she could elected President despite this. It's just ridiculous.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:27:51 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2015, 06:41:26 PM by Deus Naturae »

State Department rules she wrote herself and were not in place under her predecessors.
That isn't true. The State Department requires archiving emails because all Federal agencies are required to do so by Federal law. I guess I kind of misphrased it by saying "State Department rules" but in any case your statement isn't accurate.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They already did; it's called the Federal Records Act. Hillary violated it.

That said, all of the legal stuff is secondary to the fact that Hillary was/is obviously trying to hide something. Going through all of that trouble to ensure that the public wouldn't be able to see her emails, and then deleting thousands after this was discovered, while still refusing to grant access to her server? Come one, just using common sense you can figure out that she was doing something criminal.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »

State Department rules she wrote herself and were not in place under her predecessors.
That isn't true. The State Department requires archiving emails because all Federal agencies are required to do so by Federal law. I guess I kind of misphrased it by saying "State Department rules" but in any case your statement isn't accurate.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They already did; it's called the Federal Records Act. Hillary violated it.

That said, all of the legal stuff is secondary to the fake that Hillary was/is obviously trying to hide something. Going through all of that trouble to ensure that the public wouldn't be able to see her emails, and then deleting thousands after this was discovered, while still refusing to grant access to her server? Come one, just using common sense you can figure out that she was doing something criminal.

Yeah, yeah, it's all a conspiracy Roll Eyes
Are you serious? I'm a conspiracy theorist because I think that someone who goes through a ton of trouble and violates the law to hide their emails, and then deletes thousands of them when she's discovered was engaged in criminal dealings?

That isn't conspiracy theorizing; it's just common sense.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »

According to Republicans, they think she wiped her email server last year after handing over all relevant emails to the State Department, way before this email scandal. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm pretty sure many public officials do the same thing after complying with such requests.
After doing a bit of research, apparently she's claiming that she deleted about half of her emails throughout her tenure because "she saw no reason to keep them." Oh please. And she's still refusing to grant access to her server.

She's only turned over those she considers relevant to Benghazi (which, just to be clear, I'm not saying this has anything to do with...but she had to be doing something nefarious just based on her incredibly shady behavior).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies