Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:52:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reince Priebus; Even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes  (Read 4379 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 28, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »

You guys really do want a corrupt, incompetent old hag as President dont you? Obviously there is no integrity left in the Dem party. All that matters is winning. The fact that the left sticks with Hillary rather than go with Warren or O'Malley show the Dem party is all about winning no matter what the consequences to the country or their party.

It's simple, the consequences of not winning means someone like Bush, Walker, Rubio, or Paul wins.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »

You guys really do want a corrupt, incompetent old hag as President dont you? Obviously there is no integrity left in the Dem party. All that matters is winning. The fact that the left sticks with Hillary rather than go with Warren or O'Malley show the Dem party is all about winning no matter what the consequences to the country or their party.

It's simple, the consequences of not winning means someone like Bush, Walker, Rubio, or Paul wins.

Cant Warren win or OMalley?

Clinton is actually my third choice. I am supporting Walker or Rubio. But I am convinced that Clinton's presidency would be such a disaster for the Dem party, we'll see the number of elected GOP officials at levels not seen since reconstruction.

Regardless of whether O'Malley or Warren could win, all that matters is that people think they'd have a harder time in the general than Clinton. You can't reasonably claim with such certainty that a Clinton presidency would hurt the Democrats, but you could certainly argue that a Walker presidency instead would hurt the country. I care much more about the condition of the country than of its political parties.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »

Cant Warren win or OMalley?

Clinton is actually my third choice. I am supporting Walker or Rubio. But I am convinced that Clinton's presidency would be such a disaster for the Dem party, we'll see the number of elected GOP officials at levels not seen since reconstruction.

Regardless of whether O'Malley or Warren could win, all that matters is that people think they'd have a harder time in the general than Clinton. You can't reasonably claim with such certainty that a Clinton presidency would hurt the Democrats, but you could certainly argue that a Walker presidency instead would hurt the country. I care much more about the condition of the country than of its political parties.

Yes, I can most certainly claim that Clinton will greatly hurt the Dem brand. But doesnt hurting the Dem brand from your stand point also hurt the country as it results in more GOPers getting elected?

No because I'm fine with Republicans getting elected in general (Congress, State, etc...), just not for the presidency next year. The Republicans that could survive a presidential primary this cycle, however, would most likely not be ones that I'd be interested in supporting. And you are certainly free to make such claims about Clinton destroying her party, but just not with that level of certainty and still call it reasonable.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:41:32 PM »

State Department rules she wrote herself and were not in place under her predecessors.
That isn't true. The State Department requires archiving emails because all Federal agencies are required to do so by Federal law. I guess I kind of misphrased it by saying "State Department rules" but in any case your statement isn't accurate.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They already did; it's called the Federal Records Act. Hillary violated it.

That said, all of the legal stuff is secondary to the fake that Hillary was/is obviously trying to hide something. Going through all of that trouble to ensure that the public wouldn't be able to see her emails, and then deleting thousands after this was discovered, while still refusing to grant access to her server? Come one, just using common sense you can figure out that she was doing something criminal.

Yeah, yeah, it's all a conspiracy Roll Eyes

A vast right-wing conspiracy Wink
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »

Assuming Hillary runs we can probably expect to hear a lot more of the even Nixon didn't destroy the tapes argument. It will probably be very ineffective, just like the other attacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies