Do you have a caffeine dependence?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:16:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you have a caffeine dependence?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you have a caffeine dependence?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Do you have a caffeine dependence?  (Read 3719 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 10:43:22 PM »

No. Coffee looks and smells disgusting, and I never wish to try it.

WTF? It's one thing to not like coffee, it's another to be an adult and have never tried it and refuse to try it. You aren't mormon so you don't have the silly religion excuse.

Go try it. Trying new things does you good.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »

To be fair, straight black coffee is an acquired taste - normally one that develops after you associate the rich flavour with way caffeine makes you feel. Although personally I never thought it smelled bad unless it was.. burnt.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 11:45:36 PM »

I am, indeed. A lack of morning coffee has serious consequences physically and mentally. If I get particularly less sleep than usual I will drink black tea or sometimes coffee in the afternoon and evening.

I'm certainly not on the most severe end, though. I know people that depend on having coffee available all day long.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 06:49:02 AM »

I'm also rather proud to note that I was able to pull multiple all-nighters in a close range without a drop of caffeine. And that I'm generally fully functional less than five minutes after waking up (even when it's as early as 6:30) without any outside help.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »

I'm also rather proud to note that I was able to pull multiple all-nighters in a close range without a drop of caffeine. And that I'm generally fully functional less than five minutes after waking up (even when it's as early as 6:30) without any outside help.

It's obvious. You're a damn robot.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »

We don't need your pity, when it comes down to it, the insane resilience does enough for the usual things the rest of you losers need  that much caffeine for Wink

I don't think you understand (now there's a surprise!). Tea and coffee taste good. I mean, instant coffee is dreck, of course, but the actual stuff is delicious.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 09:37:02 AM »

We don't need your pity, when it comes down to it, the insane resilience does enough for the usual things the rest of you losers need  that much caffeine for Wink

I don't think you understand (now there's a surprise!). Tea and coffee taste good. I mean, instant coffee is dreck, of course, but the actual stuff is delicious.

Maybe, maybe not...either way it's still a sad state to get to the point of dependence on it...dependence/addiction is generally speaking a bad place to be in.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 10:03:02 AM by Matt from VT »

Maybe, maybe not...either way it's still a sad state to get to the point of dependence on it...dependence/addiction is generally speaking a bad place to be in.

Roll Eyes You realize we're talking about caffeine here right? For some of us (especially those of us with a bit of ADHD) it's a crucial aid to getting things done. Jesus man, is there anything you're allowed to enjoy? I really am glad that I'm not part of the grand scam of mormonism that requires living a dreadfully boring existence in return for some supposed path to heaven.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »

I think so.  I drink a great deal of coffee every day.  Once in a great while, usually in transit, I don't get any coffee, and on those days I suffer from severe headaches, cold sweats, and a general sense of confusion.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »

...On second thought you're right Benghazi dude, in fact I just got the most delicious tea from the store.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2015, 05:05:01 AM »

I wake up between 4-5 am; so guess.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »

Cutting the caffeine addiction, if it can be called that, by weaning myself off coffee was better for my innards, my nerves, and my sleep, honestly, but I'm well north of 30 now, so that might factor in. What I arrived at was that I took greater pleasure in smaller amounts of better quality coffee than cup after cup after cup of grocery store coffee as a default drink. A cup of good, black coffee from a local roaster (which is where I get coffee) in the a.m. is just something integral or obligatory about the morning. If I don't have it, though, I don't get jumpy or headaches or anything, I just like the flavor of a Central American coffee, usually.

To be fair, straight black coffee is an acquired taste - normally one that develops after you associate the rich flavour with way caffeine makes you feel. Although personally I never thought it smelled bad unless it was.. burnt.

Agree. And burnt coffee is awful to me, like smoke or something, which is why I'm careful with a dark roast if I get it.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »

Kinda had a headache today because I forewent ny morning coffee as to avoid interviews jitters.  So I suppose I do. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 08:03:53 PM »

I've had a 500-mL can of that in the fridge for a little over a year.  I'm a little afraid to try it, so it just sits there, mocking me.  Maybe one day I'll open it. 

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »

I've had a 500-mL can of that in the fridge for a little over a year.  I'm a little afraid to try it, so it just sits there, mocking me.  Maybe one day I'll open it. 

Good, that stuff is nasty...at least plain. Gotta drown it out with cheese puffs and chips and other greasy snacks associated with video gaming.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »

I drink caffeine (coffee,tea, monster, red bull, crystal light energy, diet soda etc) in volumes that would likely send most to the ER.  I traded in a booze and nicotine addiction so Im good with this one for now.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 10:27:26 PM »

No, I do drink caffeinated drinks (namely tea, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew), but never to excess. Never had much interest in trying coffee either.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies