Constitutional Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Amendment (Passed)  (Read 5140 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 09, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »

Yeah, I support, and as to him- herself, I think that can be easily corrected with the next amendment.

Yes.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:40:33 AM »

Yes.

Nicely done.

Ahem.

Presidents shall have the power to grant reprieves and pardons to any individual other than themselves Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »

Yeah both look good.

As to this wording, I recommend this personally:
Presidents may not pardon themselves or their own office.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »

Yes.

I'm loosely paraphrasing Arthur in Excalibur when he said, "They're not laws if they don't apply to everyone" or something closely to that effect. So, I guess what I see is that without this, if someone became President who had a strong personality cult behind him (or her), he (or she Wink) could get away with literally anything.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »

Yes.

I'm loosely paraphrasing Arthur in Excalibur when he said, "They're not laws if they don't apply to everyone" or something closely to that effect.

King Arthur: Where lies evil in my Kingdom?
Merlin (glances at Morganna): Always, where you least expect it

Ha (there's a young, unknown Liam Neeson in that scene). I might substitute another word or two for "evil," but yeah, that quote is applicable too. Wink

Anyway, that's a cool movie with great music. When I was a kid I liked the sex and violence, but as an adult the more bizarre aspects of it make a lot more sense and it strikes me as a movie about a guy who builds something great, then people succumb to greed and become self-absorbed, and it all goes to hell. Kind of a universal theme. That movie is based on the Morte D'Arthur, but I don't know how closely it follows it. It's definitely a modern interpretation of it.

Okay, tangent over. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies