Something creepy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Something creepy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Something creepy  (Read 1376 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »

If you believe in God and the Christian bible you are told that while no one can know the appointed time of the end, that there would be signs in the heavens as well as on earth.  These are referred to as birth pangs...those contractions that warn you if impending birth which become stronger and more persistent.

It says after a war in the heavens between Michael the archangel and the Dragon, that the dragon would be cast to earth with rage...knowing he has but a short time.

I've been on a bible binge lately...and like I do I immediately start looking for connections.

I get the creeps from a guy named Ray Kurzweil.  Having a good understanding of German and its common roots with English...you see where root words in German diverged from English ones.

Kurz means short.  Weil comes from weilen...the remain or stay... Like 'to while away the time' or to 'stay a while'

Raymond comes from German Raginmund...nowadays meaning 'advising mouth' but Mund used to mean hand and came frim Latin meaning world.  (Mundo)

The guys name literally means 'King if the Earth' or 'Advising hand' or 'Counseling mouth' with the last name short while.

If you are the devil who kniws he has but a short time...and that things are inevitable...what wiuld you try to do?  Find a way to live forever...by stopping time?  The man pilfs down dozens and dozens of vitamin pills...he eats them one at a time constantly while he works.

He is trying to hasten the 'singularity' when humans live forever by having beaten time or 'stopped it' and merged with technology.

Obviously some dude from MIT is not the Antichrist, though he is almost completely and utterly antichrist in practice.

In any case...eschatology is always a can of worms and there is a different interpretation of the future.

It is Satan's dream for us to be stuck here on earth living in a vast physical galactic kingdom that he can set up using physical technology.  Trapped from God here in this corrupted, defiled physical version of reality.

The point God makes is 'that glorious galactic kingdom is already here in the spiritual realm.  Throw off the body and the physical world and join it.' 

Any thoughts?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:11 PM »

My main thought is that I ought to get around to an in depth study of Revelation someday soon. Eschatology has never been a primary interest of mine as ideally a Christian should live their life both as if each day were their last and as if they had a myriad of more left to live. (That's a rule of thumb that applies to most people regardless of their religion.) I've done Isaiah and Daniel and I'm in the middle of the Twelve Minor Prophets right now. (I use the traditional Jewish division of the OT into 24 books because I think it likely that's what the 24 elders of Revelation 4 represent.)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 04:20:52 PM by Snowguy716 »

Once youve read John and James, read revelation.

John teaches the way and offers the ticket to ensure admittance.
James offers the hope of what life is in heaven but can only be achieved on earth through the way (Jesus).

Matthew and Luke offer a nice literal story of what happened in the Levant 2000 years ago.  John imbues it with the greater meaning.  And then revelation offers the how it happens on all time scales that all start at different times but all end at the same time.  (The quickening)...the seals take centuries what the trumpets do in a decade what the bowls do in 3.5 years.  Yet the seals, trumpets, and bowls of other longer cycles all occur simultaneously.

The message is 'satans time is short'...and getting shorter.  Every time this cycle culminates, it itself restarts the cycle on a level working its way down from the heavens and heavenly bodies to the individuals of the earth.

Satan thinks he has tricked God cuz he can just miniaturize it to yet an even smaller level and thus make time appear longer.  Think of it like creating artificial intelligence and virtual reality...we are in a box and we fear it.  So we create our own box and crawl inside that VR...realize how terrible it is and try to regulate it with laws and rules that are impossible to follow because with every plunge diwn the rabbit hole, we're further from God and righteousness.

Benevolent man creates artificial intelligence by manipulating and coopting Gods creation for the glory of Satan.  This AI becomes the righteous god of the new VR because mangod still knows the righteousness of God better than the peons living in virtual reality and programs his values into the ai. So he must create rules and regulations so you dont commit egregious sins in VR (you know youve thought about what you ciuld get away with in VR).  The solution to the sin is either to imprison them within a box within a box...or rescue them from the box they're already in.

How far down does the rabbit hole go?  We're trying so hard to figure it out.  But how far up does it go?  Doesnt matter.  We can keep digging down for answers or we can take the express elevator right out of it.

Dont you see the symbology?  The humble tootsie pop...

A sucker with rings like Saturn (satan).  Literally... If you succor the sucker youll never find the center of it..(truth).

But along comes the wise owl to vocalize the question begging to be asked 'how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?  THREE!' The first lick...the son...the acceptance that something isn't right because he told you the center is actually dark and rotten and this guy seems trustworthy.  The 2nd lick..holy spirit...imbued in you so you learn just what the sucker is and what it represents..and the third...crunch...you found the dark truth inside and thus the light of the Father, whose light exposed the darkness, allowing you to destroy it.

Who is Dr. Who?  What is his name?  Only he is worthy to know!  Who is his flawed female companion (mary magdalene) who he carries around the universe but represents flawed, but compassionate and loving humanity (dr who always says there's just something about those flawed earthlings that he cant shake.  He has to save them).

You might say...you just ascribe meanings and symbols to coincidences!

How many coincidences does it take to get to the center of your tootsie pop?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 04:08:21 PM »

Oooooookay...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »

The willfully blind...amazingly...dont see sh**t.  And thats why they step in it and get their reward, afleitch.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 04:50:46 PM by afleitch »

The willfully blind...amazingly...dont see sh**t.  And thats why they step in it and get their reward, afleitch.

Nothing of what you wrote made any sense at all and for your own benefit, if you are reading books that way, making tenuous links and talking about 'virtual reality' and Satan, then I would suggest you seek help.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »

jao
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »

It is odd that snowguy's apparently gone all Gnostic on us.  It's even odder he's basing this on the canonical New Testament and on the Gospel of John in particular.  If anything John is the most anti-Gnostic of the gospels as it was written late enough that it addresses some of the proto-Gnostic heresies head on.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:04:53 PM »

It is odd that snowguy's apparently gone all Gnostic on us.  It's even odder he's basing this on the canonical New Testament and on the Gospel of John in particular.  If anything John is the most anti-Gnostic of the gospels as it was written late enough that it addresses some of the proto-Gnostic heresies head on.
If the message is true and clear enough...you could decipher it out of a fart.  But it could also be truly and clearly wrong.

I just got into a binge of gnostic texts and eschatology (always fuel for a good time) because it interests me. 

Then I remembered that Tom Cruise movie which seemed eerily close to the gnostic storyline of Noah...and just filled in the slots.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »

Snow, are they prescription, or something else?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »

Well...couldn't you argue that both john and the gnostics are right...but they don't like each other because they understand it differently?  Or perhaps John truly understood it...and made course corrections to the gnostics? 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

Snow, are they prescription, or something else?
All voluntary and non prescription, I assure you! Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »

Well...couldn't you argue that both john and the gnostics are right...but they don't like each other because they understand it differently?  Or perhaps John truly understood it...and made course corrections to the gnostics? 
Not really. Gnostics argued for Jesus being noncorporeal and the inherent evil of physical matter. John testifies that Jesus was present physically and of the inherent good of the cosmos that God created.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:37 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2015, 02:34:48 AM by Snowguy716 »

It is odd that snowguy's apparently gone all Gnostic on us.  It's even odder he's basing this on the canonical New Testament and on the Gospel of John in particular.  If anything John is the most anti-Gnostic of the gospels as it was written late enough that it addresses some of the proto-Gnostic heresies head on.
Well...couldn't you argue that both john and the gnostics are right...but they don't like each other because they understand it differently?  Or perhaps John truly understood it...and made course corrections to the gnostics?  
Not really. Gnostics argued for Jesus being noncorporeal and the inherent evil of physical matter. John testifies that Jesus was present physically and of the inherent good of the cosmos that God created.
My understanding is that our physical place in the cosmos is corrupted.  The universe appears to be expanding to us because we are literally shrinking while flying away from the center like a spark from a fire.  This involves us and all the galaxies we observe.  Our shrinking added to flying away nearly beats the speed of light and makes space appear black.  The ultimate redshift.

But within that our solar system and star are shrinking as well.  So everything we see is 'expanding' and 'flying apart'.  Cosmic Jesus reverses that 'fall'.  And that filters its way down a few levels of significance to you or I.  This fight is going on in mind, body, and soul.  Jesus had to come in the form of mind, spirit, and body.

John understood that.  The how and why.  The gnostics provide the missing details on the what.

The scientists are good at the how.  When you ask them why they will tell you how and hope that diverts from the why.

Wise religious people are good at the why.  But they don't know how.

In any case I could be wrong in part or in whole.  But it makes sense to me.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies