opinion of this image
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:28:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  opinion of this image
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
fi

hi

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: opinion of this image  (Read 2518 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »

The capitalist doesn't produce anything of value as is. Every penny he or she earns is the result of the labor of another, so I think I'm quite justified in calling for the end of the parasitical vampirism of that class on the rest of us.

Capitalists give me my paycheck for my labor that I voluntarily allow them to use.  If I don't want to go to work one day, they aren't going to send people to my house and drag me back to my place of employment.
Yeah, besides not paying you with money you use to buy food, shelter, clothes (i.e. things you need to survive), what can the boss do to force you to work?

I could work somewhere else if I wanted to.  It's just that the Capitalists that run this particular company pay their unskilled laborers more than the Capitalists who run the other companies/businesses.  That's why I get up early to drive an hour to work.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 04:07:22 PM »

The capitalist doesn't produce anything of value as is. Every penny he or she earns is the result of the labor of another, so I think I'm quite justified in calling for the end of the parasitical vampirism of that class on the rest of us.

Capitalists give me my paycheck for my labor that I voluntarily allow them to use.  If I don't want to go to work one day, they aren't going to send people to my house and drag me back to my place of employment.
Yeah, besides not paying you with money you use to buy food, shelter, clothes (i.e. things you need to survive), what can the boss do to force you to work?

I could work somewhere else if I wanted to.  It's just that the Capitalists that run this particular company pay their unskilled laborers more than the Capitalists who run the other companies/businesses.  That's why I get up early to drive an hour to work.
Your post implied that a person could choose not to work altogether, not to choose who they wanted to exploit their labor
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »

So to play Devil's advocate would a Basic Income plan end much of the True Lefts concern with capitalism? Because then nobody would be forced between going hungry and working dead-end useless, pointless jobs?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »

Capitalists give me my paycheck for my labor that I voluntarily allow them to use.  If I don't want to go to work one day, they aren't going to send people to my house and drag me back to my place of employment.

Your post implied that a person could choose not to work altogether, not to choose who they wanted to exploit their labor

I could chose not to work altogether, but if everyone had that attitude the entire economy would collapse.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 04:37:46 PM »

You know I had to follow the link, and what surprised me most was the cost of some of these things: http://money.cnn.com/infographic/luxury/the-cost-of-being-super-rich

So a flight attendent can make $150k/year as long as it's on private planes? You can make $90k/year just for driving rich people around? Holy sh[inks]. Then again for the type of people who work those types of occupations normally, can't blame them for milking rich idiots for all they have with insanely inflated salaries. But of course the idea that the people who are paying that much deserve sympathy as is the implication is just....
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »

We should all sympathise with the daily plight of the rich (normal).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »

I honestly thought you'd oppose the Nouveau Riche...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »

"Expensive things are expensive" is poor journalism, but someone spending their money to hire these people is not something I have a problem with, especially as they seem to be decently paid.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2015, 06:18:55 PM by Ambassador Cassius »

Nah, I'm very favourable towards the so-called 'Nouveau Riche' - they've done well for themselves and, besides, everyone who comes from 'old money' had 'Nouveau Riche' ancestors at some point along the line.

Bottom line - big money is big money, no matter where it comes from, and its something that is not to be sniffed at.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »

Nah, I'm very favourable towards the so-called 'Nouveau Riche' - they've done well for themselves and, besides, everyone who comes from 'old money' had 'Nouveau Riche' ancestors at some point along the line.

I thought the idea was to have that point being the battle of Hastings.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »

Bottom line - big money is big money, no matter where it comes from, and its something that is not to be sniffed at.

Cassius next year: well these Mexican cartels do a lot of bad stuff, but whatever you might think of their methods; they certainly please Mammon.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »

Cassius it a useless troll, move on.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »

Would it terrify you to know that the vast majority of Young Conservative members sound and act exactly like Cassius presents himself?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 07:36:29 PM »

Would it terrify you to know that the vast majority of Young Conservative members sound and act exactly like Cassius presents himself?

Yes. Quite. That would make my opinion of them lower my opinion of the average Republican "base" supporter - and that's saying a lot.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 02:57:08 AM »

Cassius it a useless troll, move on.

I do believe you've earned yourself a second quote in my signature. Well done.

Please give me some credit for not have the delusions of grandeur common in Young Conservatives Cry .

Yes. Quite. That would make my opinion of them lower my opinion of the average Republican "base" supporter - and that's saying a lot.

I'm sure they're utterly aghast...
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 03:49:41 AM »

So to play Devil's advocate would a Basic Income plan end much of the True Lefts concern with capitalism? Because then nobody would be forced between going hungry and working dead-end useless, pointless jobs?
uh excuse me crab that would represent economistic deviation of the highest order which is basically hitler
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »

I don't think Cassius is faking his ideology, but I have a hard time believing he isn't purposely being hyperbolic and a tad ironic.........I think he posts this way to get under people's skin.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »

Nice try, CNN, but the WSJ, as usual, has you beat:

And let's not even get started on the brilliant, ongoing act of trolling that is the NYT's Style section...

I as I told opebo:

Of course, in the united states, that money isn't used on capital expense but rather to provide lavish welfare schemes to the chosen unproductives.

Dude they just had their taxes increased to 39% or whatever, give them a break.

I don't see what a bunch of middle class people have to do with anything, opebo.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies