Will Christie lead or tied in a national poll first of the end of the primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Christie lead or tied in a national poll first of the end of the primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Chris Christie lead or tied in a national poll first of the end of the primary season?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Will Christie lead or tied in a national poll first of the end of the primary?  (Read 625 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:28:16 AM »

Will Chris Christie lead or tied in a national poll first of the end of the primary season?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:02 AM »

He's not going to make it past New Hampshire, so no.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:28 AM »

Yes, in NH or nationally in December 2015 if Jeb fades.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »

He might not run, and he has a lot of enemies.

But due to the crowded field and his political chops, it could very well happen.

We seem to be repeating 2008 and 2012 with many candidates taking turns in the lead.

Romney led the polls. Then he chose not to run, and Jeb led. Then Walker led. Now Jeb's back in the lead with under 20 percent. After a good debate performance, Christie could easily lead. And then stumble, allowing someone else to be in first.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »

His candidacy will be dead on arrival.
Former Democrat
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »

defenetily yes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »

He might not run, and he has a lot of enemies.

But due to the crowded field and his political chops, it could very well happen.

We seem to be repeating 2008 and 2012 with many candidates taking turns in the lead.

Romney led the polls. Then he chose not to run, and Jeb led. Then Walker led. Now Jeb's back in the lead with under 20 percent. After a good debate performance, Christie could easily lead. And then stumble, allowing someone else to be in first.

You forgot about Rubio in late 2012 to mid 2013, Paul in mid 2013, and Christie in late 2013. Tongue
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:14 PM »

Of Ponderosa all you can eat patrons, sure.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:40 PM »

Finally a good question in the 2016 board. Thank you Cris.

I think Yes. It's been pointed out many times that he has serious potential to ignite the base and reduce his negatives. Would anybody be surprised if he pulled it out in New Hampshire? 10% is by no means a bad starting point, especially when I believe Bush will fade and his vote will trickle down to primarilyy Christie and partially Walker. Walker could just as easily fade, but Christie really only has room to grow.

Iowa: Walker-Huck-Paul
New Hampshire: Christie-Paul-Walker
South Carolina: Huck-Christie/Walker-SoCon
Nevada: Paul-Walker-Cruz

Who leads nationally in that type of scenario? Certainly not Paul. Huck's appeal is too low outside the South and could be split with a Carson/Perry/Santorum/Jindal type in some of the South if one of them is even somewhat relevant in Iowa and SC. Or even Cruz could fill that role.

That leaves Walker and Christie. I could see national support being pretty evenly split between those two once Bush is out. Christie might be weak out west, but would you be surprised if he had a MoE lead despite that? I wouldn't.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »

I say no. While it is possible that Bush will fade, that doesn't mean that Christie will be there to scoop it all up. Walker and Rubio can take up much of the mainstream support. Plus, Bush fading is just the thing for Kasich is hoping to see for him to jump into the race, assuming Bush's fall happens before deadlines.

Christie has no case for nomination. His main thing was that he was more 'electible' but anyone who buys into that is going to go with Bush (and wont abandon Bush over things like Common Core or Immigration). Plus Christie's record in NJ is open to attack with high unemployment, lower credit rating, and of course all the whiffs of corruption. And let's not forget that sometime this year a number of Christie staffers/allies at the Port Authority will be indicted. That is not going to help him. As for base voters, they will never forgive him for the "Obama hug."

Christie is done
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:18 PM »

I think its possible. Despite his many flaws, he is probably one of the better campaigns on the GOP side. I could see him pulling off a strong debate performance or two. I'm not sure that its enough to win him the nomination at this point, but I do think he could wind up in a better position than he is in now once the campaign starts in earnest.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 05:25:48 PM »

I don't expect him to run.  he'll endorse Bush and hope that he loses the GE.  puts Christie in great position to rehabilitate his image, endear himself to Jeb's donors, and take a shot in 2020.
bobloblaw
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »

I don't expect him to run.  he'll endorse Bush and hope that he loses the GE.  puts Christie in great position to rehabilitate his image, endear himself to Jeb's donors, and take a shot in 2020.

i can see Christie doing that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies