The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:13:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)  (Read 7138 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »

Moving to the Final Stage!

June 9th, 2015:

Less than ten days left to polling day, and the campaign moves forward! It has been a fairly interesting month, finally returning to the campaign trail to re-energize myself and find again my interest on the game while also taking the chance to create a stronger bond with the region and, hopefully, build some lasting ties as well.

These final days are bound to be hectic as we will see the debate held between now Senator New Canadaland and myself, and they will see our last efforts to convince the voters. Some might feel discouraged in my position given the overwhelming odds and the ever increasing number of Laborites, but it is a challenge that I have thoroughly enjoyed so far.

So, to recap: During this month I have taken the chance to tour most of the region in order to address a good number of both local and federal issues affecting us all, coupled with the early release of both my platform and my ideas for a new term before the Senate. I have done my best to lay out this vision of pragmatism, activity and experience, a vision which I expect with resound with voters who have shown again and again that they prefer such a style than bombastic politics or politics born out of mere party politics.

I have spent the past two years serving on both the regional and federal government on a good number of positions, always active and often trying to find solutions to the many issues left out there to address. I've known my share of victories and defeats, but the accomplishments and the record are there to speak, and I can only hope that to the voter they reinforce the message and the style I seek to bring to the Mideast for the next four months if I receive your confident at next week's election.

We may or we may not win given the current numbers, but the fight goes on!

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »

Debate and Presidential Pardon Amendment:

June 11th, 2015:

The clock is ticking as the election is due in a week, and events move along. I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage Mideast voters to tune in to the debate being held between my opponent and me and graciously hosted by the Mideast Record-Courier. So far we have reached round two, and it's proving to be a fascinating contrast of ideas in what I believe will be a very exiting election (or at least a competitive one, and god knows we need that now more than ever).

Now that a voting booth is open to address the Presidential Pardon Amendment I also want to ask all of our voters to go to the polls and make their voice be heard. While I am an advocate for more responsibilities for the executive, my emphasis is there, responsibilities, not needless power. Presidential pardons have proved to be easy to abuse, and this amendment does correct some of the flaws the current pardon power has.

Finally, I'd like to encourage our representatives at the regional government not to forget about the Kansas City situation, as the relief passed by the Assembly is not enough considering what could and should be done about it. I do hope the Governor will find the time to visit the area so new and efficient ways to address this situation can be found.

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »

Election Time!

June 19th, 2015:

The election is upon us!

It has been a fascinating campaign so far, and I must say running again for office (my last campaign was in October) has been rather invigorating. But the campaign is over, and from and until Sunday both my opponent and I will face the will of the electorate. I thank those who have voted for me already (it's looking like a very close race now), and I want to encourage all the Mideast citizens to go to the voting booths and give this election the turnout it deserves.

And I suppose that's all for now, let us hope for a good result!

Lumine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »

Good luck, old friend!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:25 AM »

Thank you, Maxwell! Although admittedly the results didn't go as I expected, xD
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »

Thank you for your participation in Atlasian democracy, and your courteous, energetic campaign. Good luck to whatever path you take next.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:48 PM »

Thank you for your participation in Atlasian democracy, and your courteous, energetic campaign. Good luck to whatever path you take next.

Thank you as well, New Canadaland, best of luck on the Senate!

On a side note, I may or may not have a speech ready, it might be one of my last ocassions to show some verbocity and I'm not inclined to waste that opportunity. Of course, the GOT game has all the priority now, so that might have to wait some time.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »

I'm back!

July 18, 2015:
Former President Lumine (CR-OH) valiantly tours the Integrated Regional Defence Force and helps them fight the international communist conspiracy led Governor TNF.

Good night, my fellow Atlasians!

The past few days have seen debate on the much needed changes for Atlasia spiral out of control, and we have found ourselves on a truly critical situation. Governor TNF has attempted to bring a communist revolution to our beloved Republic, and not only has the administration remained indecisive and unwilling to act, but prominent officeholders have brought disgrace upon themselves by abandoning their duty or prosecuting witch hunts against our citizens.

To this, I say, no more!

Make no mistake, Atlasia needs to be radically changed if it's going to survive at all, and this should never be an excuse to shy away from what we need to address. But I am not prepared to see this nation find its end in such a ridiculous situation, and I am happy to emerge out of political retirement to play my part in the challenges to come.

I hereby appoint Lumine von Reuental as Pacific Senator.

Governor Simfan has been kind enough to appoint me as the next Pacific Senator, and I shall take office and formal registration in the Pacific Region on July 21st, the first day in which such a change of regions will be legal. In the meantime, I will take the time to tour and talk to the fine men and women serving in the Integrated Regional Defence Force who are fighting in the frontlines against the Red Menace, doing my best to aid them in their fight. Once I return to Nyman to serve in the Senate once again, I give to you my formal pledge to do whatever I can do to smash this coup and support the necessary reforms to save our nation.

I ask the White House, the Senate, the Regional Governments and our fine citizens and officeholders to defend the Republic against this aggression, so we can spare Atlasia from the absolute horror of surrendering to totalitarianism.

Arise, citizens and officeholders of Atlasia, and put an end to this absolute madness!

Lumine.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »

Huzzah!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2015, 11:05:57 PM »

Excellent!

These traitors need to be stopped, and I think you'll be a big help in stopping them!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2015, 12:50:45 AM »

Most glorious news! Cheesy
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

Great news!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2015, 05:54:58 AM »

Wonderful news!!!
Look forward to working with you while I'm stationed here.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2015, 12:59:12 AM »

Excellent!

These traitors need to be stopped, and I think you'll be a big help in stopping them!

Wonderful news!!!
Look forward to working with you while I'm stationed here.

Thank you very much for that warm reception!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »

Since we have five center-right members, anybody interested in trying a Senate caucus or a conference maybe with Cris as Leader/Chair and PiT as Asst Leader/Vice Chair?

This has been discussed before but never really had much interest. Cris suggested something similar in January, but it was just me and him so it wouldn't have been much fun.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2015, 03:07:45 AM »

Since we have five center-right members, anybody interested in trying a Senate caucus or a conference maybe with Cris as Leader/Chair and PiT as Asst Leader/Vice Chair?

This has been discussed before but never really had much interest. Cris suggested something similar in January, but it was just me and him so it wouldn't have been much fun.

From the Civic Renewal by-laws there was a provision for a Senate leader in the case we had more than one Senator. This is the case, so there will be a CR leader. But now that there are 5 centre-right Senators, I think we can try a centre-right Senate caucus/conference. Smiley
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2015, 08:38:43 AM »

Glorious news!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »

Unfortunate. That vacancy was far and away the most capable senator.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »

Unfortunate. That vacancy was far and away the most capable senator.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 04:12:03 PM »

Happy to support that, Yankee, Cris and PiT would be excellent in that task. Any chance you could open up a thread for that?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 04:18:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm pleased to announce that Senator and former President Lumine has agrees to undertake a special diplomatic mission to Saudi Arabia. We all know Lumine's expertise in the matters of foreign relations and I'm confident his mission will be a success.

I thank Secretary Kalwejt for the confidence he has given me by appointing me Special Envoy to Saudi Arabia. Having already served as Special Envoy to Ukraine and having met and crafted a relationship with the Saudi Crown Prince during my Presidency I am confident that a very productive dialogue can be established between Atlasia and Saudi Arabia that will benefit both nations during these troubled times.

That said, I leave for Riyadh now, to see what can be done.[/justify][/quote]
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2015, 05:10:52 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Happy to support that, Yankee, Cris and PiT would be excellent in that task. Any chance you could open up a thread for that?

I would defer to Cris and PiT for the leaders in this case.

Sorry for not responding in a day or two on this matter, but you the know what kind of got real over that period of time.  Sad

Where would the thread be best? This board or AFG?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »

I would defer to Cris and PiT for the leaders in this case.

Sorry for not responding in a day or two on this matter, but you the know what kind of got real over that period of time.  Sad

Where would the thread be best? This board or AFG?

This board, I'd say, I don't think it's formal enough to warrant using the government board.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

Exploratory Committee:
(yes, I'm serious)

August 31, 2015:
Former President Lumine (CR-OH) opens an Exploratory Committee for President, determined to make a formal decision one or two weeks from now.

First things first, I'm back using Michael Heseltine. Major is just way too dull...

Moving onto the key subject, the answer to the question is yes, I'm mad enough to consider a return. Having spent much of the time after I left the White House trying to find ways to still play a role, I have managed my share of sucess and my share of failures, and to my surprise I find myself one of the experienced Atlasians rather than the newcomer is used to be. Yet time passes, roles change, and Atlasia moves... fowards, we would like to think.

My friends, our Republic is in distress. We want reform, and steps are being taken to ensure reform, but the White House remains a supreme platform from which to act and make things happen. Any President elected in October will have to be active, experienced, and reasonable engaged with the public, and having been asked, having seen the polls, and having heard from several close friends of mine, I've decided it's worth thinking about it.

So yes, I'm opening an exploratory committee.

This does not mean a candidacy is imminent, because there are concerns to be solved and opinions to be heard (otherwise this would be a formal announcement speech). So I will look at the situation, see what potential support can be found, consider if a candidacy is realistic, and then make a formal and responsible decision one or two weeks from now, leaving plenty of time to tour the nation with an agenda if that is the road I decide on.

Either way, I'm done with dull elections, so let's see what can be done on that area!

Lumine.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 08:02:29 AM »

Exploration endorsed!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: