Opinion of Die Antwoord
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Die Antwoord
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: We're gonna have a nice time, kids.
FF's

HP's

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Opinion of Die Antwoord  (Read 1400 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »

Through repeated exposure they've grown on me a lot because of their weird over the top trashy personas and videos. At first, though, really grating and annoying. I have no idea what this forum think of them.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »

I remember this being opebo's signature for a little while.  RIP, sweet prince : (
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:31:41 PM »

I don't understand what they are, but I always see the girl in pictures and keep forgetting where she's from.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »

I don't understand what they are, but I always see the girl in pictures and keep forgetting where she's from.

South Africa
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:46 PM »

FFs. Currently my favorite musical group. But I agree with the sentiment that to enjoy Die Antwoord, one must have an acquired taste for them.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »

FFs. Currently my favorite musical group. But I agree with the sentiment that to enjoy Die Antwoord, one must have an acquired taste for them.

It took me a little while to unwrap what all was going on with their style, lyrics, and videos - probably since the style isn't something I go for most of the time. A lot of it is of course just to screw around, be outrageous, and parody expectations, but there's more there if you can bother looking for it, and I like that a lot. I saw them last month here and it was a fun show, barring one inexplicable 45 year old man with BO on ecstasy blocking the view by waving his arms around like he just didn't care.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »

Not at all.  I hate most rap but I find their songs to be instantly entertaining.  Certainly they are loads more creative than your average hip-hop troupe. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »

I like the idea of Die Antwoord significantly more than I actually like Die Antwoord.

Not at all.  I hate most rap but I find their songs to be instantly entertaining.  Certainly they are loads more creative than your average hip-hop troupe. 

Leaving aside the question of the quality of Die Antwoord's music, saying something like this is clear evidence that the speaker has never made any effort to understand hip-hop.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »

I like the idea of Die Antwoord significantly more than I actually like Die Antwoord.

Leaving aside the question of the quality of Die Antwoord's music, saying something like this is clear evidence that the speaker has never made any effort to understand hip-hop.

Why would I put effort into understanding a genre that has instantly irritated me 99% of the time?  That's like trying to be best friends with someone that irritates you. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »

Just because a band puts out there that they're weird and interesting doesn't mean they are.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »

I love their seamless transition between Afrikaans and English lyrics.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 11:33:04 PM »

Why would I put effort into understanding a genre that has instantly irritated me 99% of the time?  That's like trying to be best friends with someone that irritates you. 

Yes, you've made your total lack of intellectual curiosity abundantly clear many times.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 12:35:07 AM »

Through repeated exposure they've grown on me a lot because of their weird over the top trashy personas and videos. At first, though, really grating and annoying. I have no idea what this forum think of them.
My wife went through a phase with these clowns.  I've heard it all, and some of it a LOT.  I like raunchy humor and raunchy music, but I hated this.  It's just noise.

She's since gone on to pop music like Taylor Swift and other sh**t aimed at 13 year old girls....I'd prefer the morons from South Africa.  We've never really seen eye to eye on music, but at least when we met she was listening to StaticX and Disturbed and such, not my cup of tea, but at least it was rockin.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »

Eh, they're fine.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:08 AM »

Yes, you've made your total lack of intellectual curiosity abundantly clear many times.

Find something better to do than worry about how I spend my leisure time, ass.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies