UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Campaign Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Campaign Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election - May 7th 2015 (The Official Campaign Thread)  (Read 161216 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: March 31, 2015, 08:49:13 AM »

Good old London-too diverse, too educated and too smart to vote UKIP. In the words of there own election strategist
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:45:58 AM »

I don't get why Leanne Wood or the SNP are in the debates? Surely have regional debates instead. It's just going to ruin the debates because people will have no idea why some regional party from wales are there
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

Anyone else have a feeling that this will be slightly akin to 1992? 

No, not at all. This is a weak example used by tories hoping for a last minute victory
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 05:09:39 PM by Senator Blair »

No, not at all. This is a weak example used by tories hoping for a last minute victory

I can't wait till you Progress lot are expelled from the party.

Us progress lot? What are you talking about? I'm a proud Miliband supporter, and a proud Labour supporter. I've donated money to the party (despite being a rather tight student) I've traveled to party conferences, I've canvassed dozens of times for labour candidates-is that good enough for you?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 01:29:53 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2015, 01:39:55 AM by Senator Blair »

I can't wait till you Progress lot are expelled from the party.

Us progress lot? What are you talking about? I'm a proud Miliband supporter, and a proud Labour supporter. I've donated money to the party (despite being a rather tight student) I've traveled to party conferences, I've canvassed dozens of times for labour candidates-is that good enough for you?

For someone who unashamedly espouses Blair you appear to be peculiarly cavalier. Whether you support Miliband is not the issue.
I'm sure you have been campaigning for certain candidates.
It's a matter of time.

No, I've been campaigning for all the labour candidates in my area. In fact the batch I've campaigned for on the whole have been to the left of the party. Do you want me to actually submit evidence of that?

Yes, I think Tony Blair did a lot of good for the Party and for the country. Yes I agree that Iraq was bad, and yes I'm committed to a labour victory in 2015, and yes I think that Ed Miliband is a much better candidate that David. We're not going to win in 2015 if we pretend that New Labour didn't exist-we need to talk about the successes (minimum wage, kosovo, in work credits) and the failures (top up fees, Iraq)

I'm not even a ing member of Progress! I just wanted to talk about the 1992 election and you suddenly decided to attack me for a being a progress member, just because I'm not blindly old labour.

Bet to be honest, I think it's social conservatives like you who don't fit into the Party. You don't support abortion rights (something labour introduced in the 1960s), you oppose gay marriage (something labour voted for), do you support gay adoption and civil partnerships (something labour introdcued), you oppose green energy (something labour championed)

It appears ironically that you have much less in common with the Labour Party that me

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thank you
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 03:34:48 AM »

Farage- Looked sweaty and angry but ran well to the right of the Tories on Grammar schools, debt and foreign aid. Good tactic but HIV comment pulled him down 6/10
Surgeon- Looked extremely impressive, both in policy and presentation. Clear winner of the debate. 9/10
Wood- Performed better than I thought, attacked Farage over HIV 6/10
Miliband- Did a good job, but just that. Had to keep defending new Labour, which limited him. Made a good point about Bank Regulation 5.5/10.
Cameron- Sadly, managed to appear above the fray and basically kept saying long term economic plan 5/10
Bennet- Worst performance, didn't get enough time and only seemed to appeal to green voters. Biggest irony is most people didn't know she was an aussie. Appeared flat 3/10
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 01:23:36 AM »

Probably a torygraph smear, seems a bit convient to release it a night after the debates. If I became King that paper would be nationalized
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:43:58 AM »

It's a stupid question re Blair. Of course most people will 'think' its a bad thing because most people 'think' TB is unpopular when in fact he's a good opposite of Miliband. I know Blair is a warmongering tory according to most labourites but he's still a voice of reason on the EU
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 11:41:36 AM »

Ed's personality ratings are finally above DC, after 4 years haha. I said that when the public got to see him, and got to see his policies they'd move towards him. Nom-doms yesterday, and the Trident smear today have been a gift to Labour. The tories appear to be ing up their campaign
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 05:16:39 PM »

Tbh I'm of the opinion that no matter what Ed does, he's not gonna win in scotland. Labour could come out against trident, and bring back clause IV and it wouldn't make a difference. The scots want to feel good about themselves and embrace the SNP.

Ed looked more prime ministerial tonight, real challenge is that most people didn't watch it
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »

I will say right now that a Labour defeat would almost certainly not be down to Miliband, the SNP or Lynton Crosby. It would be down to trendy middle-class liberal leftists who obsess about global warming, UKIP and marijuana on a daily basis.

I think you vastly overestimate the influence of hispters on the electorate...

Specifically, I'm thinking of the way such people will vote and why. Nothing against the Greens per se, but I do have somewhat of an issue with those who vote for them because Labour is too working-class or, dare I use this word, 'normal'. I encounter such people on a daily basis, and while they are not bad people, their approach to politics leaves much to be desired. The same can be said of those who jumped onto the Clegg bandwagon in 2010.

Yeah tons of people say they're voting green to shake up the system, or because labour isn't left wing enough.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »

Surely, lets look at the Ascroft poll. No-one expects labour to get 30%, I mean that's a 1% improvement on 2010, it can't be that bad,

The big problem is UKIP voters coming home in marginals. I don't know what I'd prefer, UKIP fading away or the tories losing. Probably the second
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 01:23:10 AM »

Am I correct in assuming Cameron's best chance to hold on at this point is a bunch of UKIP voters tactically switching over at the last minute to stop Labour?

Yes 100%, he's not actually picking up any voters he's just trying to get UKIP to come home.

The issue is, how many in the marginals he can get back? I mean he needs UKIP voters to come back in certain seats
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies