NC Yankee for At-Large Senate HQ (Victory Today, Work For "the people" Tomorrow)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NC Yankee for At-Large Senate HQ (Victory Today, Work For "the people" Tomorrow)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NC Yankee for At-Large Senate HQ (Victory Today, Work For "the people" Tomorrow)  (Read 2097 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:04 AM »
« edited: April 21, 2015, 02:00:06 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Glorified painting of crushing the rimjob alliance in December 2013

For you old Libertas. Tongue Five years later and my private forum display name hasn't changed. Also because the last one to use an English Monarch had such a grand time. Wink At least this one isn't an autocrat though.

Campaign Songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMUk-6cBjko
Eighties Too Old!!! Then Eat 70s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw
Seventies Too Old!!!!! Then Eat 60s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAhTY3Dwl0

Don't Stop Believing in Miracles, So Lets Get Together!

Fundraising:
$250,201,152 from the perpetual RPP Swiss Bank Account
$50,215,489 from DukePAC (Thanks Duke Wink)
$42,152,151 from the IDSRevivalPAC (Thanks Jbrase Wink)
$25,142,184 from undisclosed donars
$10 from the Federalist Party - because they have always been broke and I always used the RPP slush fund, which I direct all donations to. Evil Evil Evil

Endorsements:
JoMCar
CelticEmpire
Anton Kreitzer
Pessimistic Antinuetrino
Pingvin99

Events:
Pre-Announcement
Actual Announcement
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 02:54:22 AM »

Absolutely endorsed! Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »

Ask Yankee Anything Townhall - Philadelphia, PA
March 31, 2015
11:00 PM

Okay As Me Stuff Yo!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:07:23 AM »

Can you do ten pushups in ten seconds?

Nah JK Tongue

What can be done to encourage regional initiatives without forcing it or reducing activity at the federal level?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:12 AM »

Yes actually I can. I have done 280 a night for the last four years now. I average about a minute and a half to two minutes for that whole set.

What can be done to encourage regional initiatives without forcing it or reducing activity at the federal level?

I think that we need to focus on the areas that are best for each level to deal with. I think having greater amounts of foreign policy debate at the federal level has been helpful because it frees up activity on other issues that can be moved to the Regions without hurting federal activity. And if we want to sustain this activity at the regional level we have to start giving regions more responsibilities now not less.

Also one of the good things to come out of the foucaulf campaign was his idea for more non-binding resolutions and I think that it is a good way to motivate regions to act whilst not doing it for them and also providing input from the Federal gov't.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »

Much like an infection in the urinary tract, just when you thought you'd finally seen the back of NC Yankee he turns up again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »

Much like an infection in the urinary tract, just when you thought you'd finally seen the back of NC Yankee he turns up again.

I survived the collapse of the Dirty South in October 2009, JBrase's Cultural Revolution in 2010, Griffin's Operation Cottonfield in 2012, Maxwell's bid in 2013 and were it not for having to move in January, I probably would have found those two votes to beat Hagrid as well.

So what in the last five years, seriously makes you think that you could ever be rid of me, Al. You have had it in for me since the day I joined this game and probably even before that. I don't know why and I frankly don't give a damn, I just hope that, even if I am here another ten years on this site, that I will never become like you have been these last six years that I have been here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »

I survived the collapse of the Dirty South in October 2009, JBrase's Cultural Revolution in 2010, Griffin's Operation Cottonfield in 2012, Maxwell's bid in 2013 and were it not for having to move in January, I probably would have found those two votes to beat Hagrid as well.

So what in the last five years, seriously makes you think that you could ever be rid of me, Al. You have had it in for me since the day I joined this game and probably even before that. I don't know why and I frankly don't give a damn, I just hope that, even if I am here another ten years on this site, that I will never become like you have been these last six years that I have been here.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »

VOTE NC YANKEE APRIL 17th-19th

For Regions, For Reform, For Life

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 04:48:06 PM »

VOTE NC YANKEE APRIL 17th-19th

For Regions, For Reform, For Life

For life?

Sad
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »

Yes, he wants to be Senator for Life. Have you not yet realised?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »

Since lack of one has been used against me private, I am going public bitches. Grin

Abortion: I am Pro-Life. I encourage the regions to ban late term abortion

Drugs: Keep Them Legal except the really hard ones, where the focus should be treatment not incarceration

Guns: GIVES OUR EXPLOSIVES BACK JAMBLES!!!! I needed them last night when I sneaked into the Atlas Forum chatroom. Grin

Healthcare: We have a good market based and pro-regional law now, the regions need to take the next step and the fact that none of them have offered a choice of options, even with just co-ops or a competing regional plan more or less private ones is disgraceful. A pox on all regional executives. Angry

Judiciary Branch: Its working fine as it is. There is no need to screw with it and mess it up!

Markets and Nationalization: See Power below. I have opposed ever nationalization effort and voted against Single Payer my first month in office. I support markets, but I don't support markets for the sake of markets, I support markets for the sake of providing options and choice. A monopolized private industry does not, hence my support for Co-ops in such circumstances.

Minimum Wages: I have long supported it, but it has gone too far here as my bill last month sought to demonstrate (8 Senators thought $14 was too low, 8 Senators!!!). We need to scale down the minimum wage, give flexibility to the regions and also rely on a more diverse portfolio to advance people economically.

National Security: I believe in an adequate defense and a humble but realistic foreign policy. I also think that the presence of foreign policy discussion is healthy.

Public Power: I DO NOT NOW NOR HAVE I EVER SUPPORTED NATIONALIZING POWER COMPANIES YOU LYING P.... I support establishing market competing co-ops on the sub-regional level to provide choice and competition.

Reforms: I support reforming the legislative branch. I want to revive the discussion of Duke's The People's House separate from Consolidation. I am unsure about the choice between At-Large and districts for class b, though either would work for the said House.  The VP can then act as the channel between the SENATE PPT (Tongue) and a People's House Speaker and have something to do for once. And yes, I still support regionalizing regional Senate elections like MaroDuke tried to do two years ago. This will increase turnout and participation in elections for legislatures and the SoFE can act as a backstop if a region were to fail to hold one by the end of a set time range.

Regions: ALL POWER TO THE REGIONS!!!! Yes I actually posted that way back in December 2008. I would like to devolve stuff to the regional level and the abortion ruling kind of moves us in that direction. However with power comes responsibility and the need for the regions to act on these issues.

Regional Senate Seats: Are the greatest gift from the Leip almighty. I dare you to touch Class A, I double dare you, fing touch class A one more god damned time, Senators. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »

Yes, he wants to be Senator for Life. Have you not yet realised?

I initially wrote unborn but then I realized, the double meaning was hilarious, too hilarious to pass up. Tongue

I love the Senate. I mean really f... love being in the Senate. I also did it rather well for a very long time. So I will put myself out there as long as I am able to and the people will decide as always.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »

Abortion: I am Pro-Life. I encourage the regions to ban late term abortion
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »

I endorse NC Yankee.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 06:09:41 PM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »

Thanks for your support. Smiley
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »

Thanks Man. Cheesy
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »

Endorsed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »

Thanks for your support, Pingvin! Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

I had wanted to make two speeches tonight before the polls open one on the police issue that has come up recently and the other a more specific speech pushing a reconsideration of the Duke plan's bicameralism component.

However, I didn't expect to walk into a sh**t storm. I will still post the police one since it is about finsihed and it would be a waste to not post it, and maybe the second one if I have time tonight obviously.

I will say one more thing though and that is we have got to strive for a better ATlasia and I am not just talking about policies, I am talking fundamentally how we conduct ourselves in the game. I am not a saint, I understand that though, but at the very least I don't think I have ever sought to demean or tear down anyone. I certainly don't think I have driven anyone to deregister from the game. I know some don't like my sarcastic style and I understand that, it has long been a source of problems as long as I have been here, but I generall strive to strike the righr balance between fun and respect and I hope that most will see that such is my objective in all this. One of the things I planned to talk about ironically, in the police speech was the tone. I think we all want a police and I think we all want to oppose police brutality. Or at least most do on both questions.

I am running for the Senate largely for reasons. I want to provide a voice for Conservatives in this game, I want to push some issues that I think have been overlooked and/or have come up recently and deserve attention and finally, I want to show that we can work in a collaborative fashion even when we disagree on everything, to at the very least ensure that the game itself is better off, and not worse off. There is no way people will join a game if they are going to be trated like crap. Last year, I made it a point to ensure that thE Federalist went on the recording as welcoming to new and old players. In order to do that we need to create an environment that people want to join.

In closing, I would like to encourage everyone to get out to the polls and encourage them to consider casting a vote or a high preference for me to be one of your At-LArge Senators. If you still have questions before you vote, feel free to ask away.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:50 AM »

I like sassy Yankee! I hope you win.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »

I like sassy Yankee! I hope you win.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 04:48:10 AM »

I must say Sassy Yankee is definitely my favourite Yankee.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies