What makes you Identify with the Party you do? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:02:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What makes you Identify with the Party you do? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes you Identify with the Party you do?  (Read 6939 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:47:05 AM »

The Republican Party is an insane troll fascist cult, and the Democratic Party is the only party with a realistic chance of preventing them from gaining further power.
^^^
I don't identify with the Democratic Party so much as I abhor the Republican Party.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 01:54:34 AM »

This is a perplexing subject for me. I turn 27 this year, so I don't even really fit into the "18-25" demographic anymore, but the very reason I identify with the Republican Party is because of how extreme the Democratic Party has gotten.

Life is only gonna get harder for you, son.

What the hell does that mean?

1. RIP white america
2. you know those so-called "traditions" you love from the 80s? anyone who likes 'em more than as a passing affectation will be dead relatively soon.
3. complaining about gay marriage is so 2008. soon, being trans will be socially acceptable as well and being gay will be nothing of note.

In short: RIP Reaganfan. It's over. In twenty years, the youth will be a racial kaleidoscope with many sexual orientations. Your side might win an election or a policy battle but your idyllic America is dead, has been dead and will remain in the grave.

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 02:20:12 AM »

But you might have told me the same thing in 1965 or 1975. Who would have known the conservative revolution that would come in the following decades?

People were more liberal on drugs, religion, and gay rights in 1975 than in 1985? The answer is no. There was an economic move the right in the eighties but the trend leftward on social issues continued steadily.

I genuinely believe liberals are more bark than bite. I run into an average person on the street, and they probably agree that drugs are bad, we should build a fence, the IRS sucks, yada yada.

Also, other than Barack Obama, the country is more controlled by Republicans now than anytime certainly in two or three generations.

Maybe I shouldn't be that worried.

The problem is that you think your lily-white suburb represents the United States. Real America resides in a suburb of Sacramento or in NOVA where 30-40% of residents are non-white.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »

Completely irrelevant stuff you're bringing up.

I am telling you the truth. The Republican Party will endorse gay marriage, profanity on the radio*, and drug decriminalization in your lifetime. You better learn to roll with the punches.

*Marco Rubio is already quoting Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg on the Senate floor.

It won't be long before the Republican Party nominates a Presidential candidate who professes his/her love for Kanye West or Jay-Z. RIP Naso, it's over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies