Census Bureau of Atlasia: RGriffin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Census Bureau of Atlasia: RGriffin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Census Bureau of Atlasia: RGriffin  (Read 17908 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »

IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING KNOWN TROLL TALLEYRAND:

In light of the frivolous yet serious accusations being made against my office, I have made the decision to suspend public access to the Census Bureau's list of voters at this time, which is hosted on my private account separate from this forum and is therefore my proprietary property.

While a bold step to be sure, given the nature of accusations being made against me - that by providing updates as a duly-appointed and confirmed Registrar General, I could face up to two years' worth of bans from the game for providing four Census updates - I simply cannot allow any further transmission of information in my capacity as RG to be potentially used against me in any legal capacity if the courts decide to actually acknowledge these ridiculous claims.

If the courts were to acknowledge these ludicrous claims from a known troll, then providing continuous access to these lists could be viewed, according to the RCCJA, as an additional instance of "the performance of the duties of a cabinet official or deputy cabinet official without proper promotion or appointment". Just in case the courts decide to rule against me, I have taken the proactive measure of ensuring that I am not in continuous violation of this law.

Make no mistake: the data is perfectly secure, has not been destroyed or vandalized in any way, and will be restored upon resolution of these frivolous claims. Any and all private requests for the transmission of this data will be ignored, for the same reasons as outlined above regarding public transmission.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »

Not only are you illegally occupying this office, you are holding the Atlasian people hostage to your whims! You are a total disgrace and should resign immediately, before you degrade this exalted office any further!!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2015, 10:33:06 PM »

IMPORTANT UPDATE #2 REGARDING KNOWN TROLL TALLEYRAND:

Additionally and in case it wasn't implied: in order for me to absolutely ensure that there are no future potential claims that I am in violation of the law, no new registrations will be recognized by my office during the duration of this debacle.

If and once the courts issue a final ruling in my favor, all registrations will be retroactively recognized as having occurred at the point in which the applicable posts were made. If the courts issue a final ruling against me and/or remove me from office, then my successor can determine whether the registrations in question will be retroactively recognized or will need to be posted again.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation during these frankly unnecessary and ridiculous times.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 11:35:44 PM by Governor Leinad »

I have made the decision to suspend public access to the Census Bureau's list of voters at this time
no new registrations will be recognized by my office during the duration of this debacle.

So, Talleyrand comes back and does nothing but basically eliminate one of the few functioning posts in the Federal Government right now?

This is stupid. Any benefit of the doubt that he's doing this for any reasons other than to bring Atlasia down is just an exercise in naivety. Before he left he was about as extreme as you can get--calling not only for dissolution, but not even restarting the game after that. His actions leave me with no choice but to assume he hasn't changed.

Also--it is my duty as an Atlasian citizen to inform everyone that if Adam hasn't been RG, Talleyrand's recent re-registration shouldn't count. Therefore, how can he bring a lawsuit against Mr. Griffin if he isn't a citizen? Unless I've made an error in reasoning, the court case is basically invalid.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:41 AM »

There is no bigger reason for the excessive legalism in Atlasia derided by certain folks, than the actions of often times those very same folks seeking to take advantage of every loophole available to get their way.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »

By destroying government documents, does that make Adam literally SirNick?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2015, 02:28:30 AM »

They're not destroyed, and furthermore, they're not the government's.

Isn't it sad that trolling has consequences? I learned that some time ago. It's unfortunate in this case, because innocent people are being impacted by the trolling, whereas none of the people trolling give a shit.

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2015, 03:00:50 AM »

They're not destroyed, and furthermore, they're not the government's.

Isn't it sad that trolling has consequences? I learned that some time ago. It's unfortunate in this case, because innocent people are being impacted by the trolling, whereas none of the people trolling give a shit.

Ya ed up Adam, and I guess decided that going on a full out offensive was the most prudent course of action. Can't really fault you there though.

Will be fun to see how this plays out!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »

The only reason innocent people have been wounded in this process are your vile, contemptuous actions. Not only are you illegally occupying a once exalted office, you are now destroying and withholding information as a form of blackmail so you can continue your activities! Truly horrifying, and I sincerely hope as a private citizen you will be imprisoned in short notice.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2015, 11:36:20 AM »

This is ridiculous. If you believe that the case against you is without grounds, there should be no reason for you to act as if it did and prevent people from accessing what is really supposed to be public information.

Regardless of the merits of the case against you, this undermines your credibility-- now people like myself who have to organize elections have been placed in a near impossible position. It verges on the petulant.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM »

I agree with Simfan that Adam's being a bit silly in his response, but it's no sillier than Talleyrand coming back to bring a lawsuit against him to begin with.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

(THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM THE REGISTRAR GENERAL NOR AN UPDATE REPLICATING ANY FUNCTIONS WHATSOEVER OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL BY SOMEONE NOT HOLDING THE POSITION)

IMPORTANT UPDATE #3 REGARDING KNOWN TROLL TALLEYRAND:

The President has seen straight through the ridiculous shenanigans and motivations of the known troll Talleyrand and has issued a presidential pardon for any potential "crimes" committed by the office of Registrar General.

I don't really have an opinion of this court case, and I have no idea what the outcome would be, but we don't have the luxury of finding out. The RG is one of the most important offices in this game and we can't have it going out of action, especially now.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Make no mistake: I never doubted that I was not guilty of any "crimes" accused by the known troll Talleyrand, but I also have very little faith in our judicial system (a long-documented assertion of mine). As such, this is the best outcome for the game at-large, so we can all move on and get back to work as soon as possible.

Status on resumption of normal office activities if I am confirmed as the next Registrar General can be found here.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »

Opinion polls show a broad majority of the population strongly approving of my actions and disapproving of ours! You are a known crook!

It is tragic that you knew you would be imprisoned and found guilty in a trial, and appealed to the President to rescue your sorry behind! I look forward to the voters expressing their anger by giving you a good pounding in the presidential election.

(THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM THE REGISTRAR GENERAL NOR AN UPDATE REPLICATING ANY FUNCTIONS WHATSOEVER OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL BY SOMEONE NOT HOLDING THE POSITION)

Good to see an attempt at an admission of guilt!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »

Opinion polls show a broad majority of the population strongly approving of my actions and disapproving of ours! You are a known crook!

If I had an IRC chat like you to use to dump 10 votes into the polls in 10 minutes, I'm sure it'd tell an equally impressive story! You are both a known liar and a cheater!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »

If I had an IRC chat like you to use to dump 10 votes into the polls in 10 minutes, I'm sure it'd tell an equally impressive story! You are both a known liar and a cheater!

You are a known criminal, liar, cheater, political terrorist, and a thug!

I wonder how you will explain your good smackdown in October. Will that be the fault of the "drunkards" that your henchman Windjammer believes dominate the IRC???
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »

You are a known criminal, liar, cheater, political terrorist, and a thug!

I wonder how you will explain your good smackdown in October. Will that be the fault of the "drunkards" that your henchman Windjammer believes dominate the IRC???

If it happens, then mostly, yes! You wouldn't believe the outpouring of conservative campaign support we're receiving. Really big things are happening. I will win the conservative vote!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »

Your delusions have reached a peak!

By conservative vote, you mean your fringe group of xenophobic tea party nutters! The real Atlasia, full of humble patriots of all reasonable political persuasions, will give you a strong slap!!!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »

By conservative vote, you mean your fringe group of xenophobic tea party nutters! The real Atlasia, full of humble patriots of all reasonable political persuasions, will give you a strong slap!!!

Real Atlasians of all political stripes stand firmly in my corner. The only people siding with you are terrorists, South American banana fascists and the upper crusts of the IRC cabal! You should have known that such a light-weight and a loser like yourself would fail miserably before you started this. Such a political hack like you that has predicted 90% of competitive Atlasian races wrong will be wrong yet again!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2015, 09:18:59 PM »

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »

Real Atlasians of all political stripes stand firmly in my corner. The only people siding with you are terrorists, South American banana fascists and the upper crusts of the IRC cabal! You should have known that such a light-weight and a loser like yourself would fail miserably before you started this. Such a political hack like you that has predicted 90% of competitive Atlasian races wrong will be wrong yet again!

You are a low energy buffoon and a TOTAL LOSER!!! My courageous actions, in spite of intimidation and threats by you and your band of thugs, brought your terrorist operation to its knees, and you are still licking your numerous wounds! I have consistently predicted the results of every Atlasian election in the last three years correctly, and am outraged a sophomoric fool like you is now impugning my record! You have been fired by the President of Atlasia himself!!!

I trust that the Atlasian people will provide you a whooping of this magnitude in October! You won't even know what hit you!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »

You are a low energy buffoon and a TOTAL LOSER!!! My courageous actions, in spite of intimidation and threats by you and your band of thugs, brought your terrorist operation to its knees, and you are still licking your numerous wounds! I have consistently predicted the results of every Atlasian election in the last three years correctly, and am outraged a sophomoric fool like you is now impugning my record! You have been fired by the President of Atlasia himself!!!

I trust that the Atlasian people will provide you a whooping of this magnitude in October! You won't even know what hit you!

Liar and Troll Talleyrand is a known loser-peddler who failed to predict most Atlasian elections correctly and who chronically showed up on my doorstep asking for support. People ask me, "Adam, why did you contribute your time and energy to such a lightweight loser like Talleyrand?".

The answer is simple: they all do what I ask! When Talleyrand came begging for support to be Senator, I gave him my blessing. I did the same thing when he wanted to be Governor. He had no problem being a "terrorist" then, when it benefited him! Without me, that nobody would have never seen the light of elected office.

When he wasn't begging me for money and support, Talleyrand had time to show up at my wedding. People said, "how did you get him here?". I told them all that "he had no choice"! When Adam calls asking for a favor, they have to deliver. Progressives, conservatives, everybody - it doesn't matter. They do as I say!

After drawing my support away from him recently, it took no more than a day for his silly shenanigans to grind to a halt.

What a nobody!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2015, 08:02:02 AM »

You are a great RG and I'm glad you were re-appointed, but let me say that there wasn't need to suspend access to Census Bureau and not recognizing new registrations.
Also... these personal attacks are pretty ridiculous.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2015, 01:59:10 AM »

It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to announce that the Office of Registrar General, the Census Bureau rolls and my title are now all back online and restored to their former glories!

An update with the most recent changes will be available shortly.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2015, 12:39:48 AM »

Does that mean the dick waving contest between two of Atlasia's greatest dickweeds is over finally? Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »

Does that mean the dick waving contest between two of Atlasia's greatest dickweeds is over finally? Tongue

I'm insulted that you would even classify him with me as "greatest" in that regard. He might be in the top 50, but it's not even close!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies