NOT GUILTY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:30:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NOT GUILTY
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NOT GUILTY  (Read 1959 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:55 AM »

I think I am entitled to take a mild amount of pleasure in this outcome.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »

Having been relieved from jury duty, I would like to take to emphasize that this trial was a complete farce, that the charges brought forward by the prosecution were frivolous, and that I'm glad to have contributed to Tyrion's acquittal.

The Presidential pardon is blatantly excessive, and I believe Tyrion made an extremely questionable use of it. However, even if he had never issued that blanket pardon, my verdict would have been the same.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »

I think I am entitled to take a mild amount of pleasure in this outcome.

You certainly are.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »

Well done, Al! A glorious final triumph against the illegal overreaches of the Lumine regime.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:33 PM »

I'm very pleased with the outcome of this court case. As Antonio had said, the charges were frivolous, it truly was just a witch hunt against our beloved Ogis, and this truly is a great day for our justice system.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »

Quite frankly it was never entirely clear to me exactly what it was alleged that Mr. Ogis did in the first place.

In any case, congratulations.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:16 PM »

Quite frankly it was never entirely clear to me exactly what it was alleged that Mr. Ogis did in the first place.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »

Glorious news, indeed!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:30 AM »

Goddamn good news.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »

I must say that although I have voted Not Guilty, my position was mainly based on the fact that I didn't found that the Prosecution has actually brought enough evidences to support his position and, more importantly, that Tyrion has granted a pardon to himself. This is a Constitutional Mechanism that is extremely repulsive and that is why, since the beginning of this case, I have asked Senator Polnut to propose an Amendment preventing the President to pardon himself. And please, guys, stop saying that you love a member that has been deliberately trolling and fooling all of us since his first days in this forum.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:50:59 PM »

I must say that although I have voted Not Guilty, my position was mainly based on the fact that I didn't found that the Prosecution has actually brought enough evidences to support his position and, more importantly, that Tyrion has granted a pardon to himself. This is a Constitutional Mechanism that is extremely repulsive and that is why, since the beginning of this case, I have asked Senator Polnut to propose an Amendment preventing the President to pardon himself. And please, guys, stop saying that you love a member that has been deliberately trolling and fooling all of us since his first days in this forum.

I like Ogis a lot, but I think we all would have been better off had you won in October 2013 and not Tyrion. Smiley
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »

Fooling, yes.

I was hardly trolling as Tyrion.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 06:41:55 AM »

Voter fraud can only exist if it was demonstrated that Tyrion was registered twice in the voter rolls. The fact that he was a previously banned poster is, in itself, irrelevant to the case. There were ways to demonstrate that, if the prosecution was interested in making a real case. But barring that, this trial stood on nothing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:43 AM »

Yeah, there was not much of a case here. Although I regret we missed yet another execution Sad
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »

Considering Tyrion was an incredibly active and productive member of this game, and not possessing of any sort of malicious intentions, there's nothing wrong with people still having residual good feelings toward him. I am certainly very happy to see him back.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 08:27:41 AM »

Considering Tyrion was an incredibly active and productive member of this game, and not possessing of any sort of malicious intentions, there's nothing wrong with people still having residual good feelings toward him. I am certainly very happy to see him back.

Personally, I have no ill will toward Tyrion. I just like trials Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »

Personally, I have no ill will toward Tyrion. I just like trials Smiley

Of course, and I think most of us do. I was referring to Superique's earlier comment.

And please, guys, stop saying that you love a member that has been deliberately trolling and fooling all of us since his first days in this forum.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »

He was just a kid when he pulled the whole I AM OGIS!!!! business. And hardly anyone still active in fantasyland was even a member at the time.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

Maybe I'm being a little bit harsh, but I must admit that it is very hard to me to have the same trust that I previously had with Tyrion.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 05:37:19 AM »

That's understandable. Luckily, I'm criminally inactive now so nothing matters.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »

He was just a kid when he pulled the whole I AM OGIS!!!! business. And hardly anyone still active in fantasyland was even a member at the time.

Besides, if I recall correctly, the account he had just prior to Tyrion immediately admitted to being Ogis and asked to be unbanned on the basis of his improved behavior. The mods rebanned him without even considering it.

This is why permabans are generally a bad idea unless we're dealing with the likes of Kyle Mercado or Robert Stark.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 12:39:49 PM »

Besides, if I recall correctly, the account he had just prior to Tyrion immediately admitted to being Ogis and asked to be unbanned on the basis of his improved behavior. The mods rebanned him without even considering it.

This is why permabans are generally a bad idea unless we're dealing with the likes of Kyle Mercado or Robert Stark.

Or the Ballet Man.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

Or the Ballet Man.

Yup, our dear friend Chris Costantini.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 10:13:51 PM »

Well, they actually supposedly considered it, and let me be a member of the forum for more than a year. Then I went inactive, came back, and found myself banned, despite my identity being advertised in my username the whole time. Presumably, it had something to do with Dave mostly ceding forum duties to Nym. I have no idea.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 10:19:30 PM »

Well, they actually supposedly considered it, and let me be a member of the forum for more than a year. Then I went inactive, came back, and found myself banned, despite my identity being advertised in my username the whole time. Presumably, it had something to do with Dave mostly ceding forum duties to Nym. I have no idea.

You even ran for Vice PResident once under the agooi account or whatever it was called way back in 2011. You should have been left unbanned then.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies