Who is the strongest GOP candidate against Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is the strongest GOP candidate against Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who is the strongest GOP candidate against Hillary?
Marco Rubio

Scott Walker

Rand Paul

Jeb Bush

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Who is the strongest GOP candidate against Hillary?  (Read 2881 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »

Who is the strongest GOP candidate between Rubio, Walker, Paul and Bush?

According to RCP, Clinton leads

- Rubio by 8%
- Walker by 8.2%
- Paul by 8.5%
- Bush by 8.8%
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:08 AM »

It doesn't really matter. For one thing, it's unclear enough that the question probably won't affect who the GOP nominates. It rarely does anyway. None of Reagan, W or Obama were considered the strongest general election candidates. They were nominated anyway and won the election anyway.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:42 AM »

Rand Paul
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »

Jeb Bush.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »

Rand Paul on the basis that he represents something new. The others are merely bland machine politicians.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:29 AM »

Paul might able to win some young swing voters, but at the same time he'd probably lose the same amount of older voters to Clinton.

I'll go with Walker. It doesn't really matter to me. None of them are going to win. A loss is a loss.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »

Hillary going to win?😅😂😂😂 that's Hillary-ious😅😅😅😂 wouldn't bet on it!!! Too much kool-aid or too many folks buy into this Hillary is gonna win narrative, just don't see it happening,  not if Jeb Bush emerges as the GOP nominee or if it's Marco Rubio,  these guys goes with a woman V.P. as the attack dog,  to go after Hillary without being tagged as sexist. (Eisenhower and Nixon in '52 or Nixon and Agnes in '68), the top of the ticket can take the high road without fear of being tagged as sexist, Carly Fiorina is ideal for this role, so a Bush - Fiorina ticket has as much chance as Hillary.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

Walker or Rubio, take the higher ceiling over the washed up big name with Jeb.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »

I really wish we had a time machine to see heatmaster's reaction on Election Day.
bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 04:18:42 PM »

Either Walker or Rubio
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:15 PM »

Kasich
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »

Walker unites all factions of the GOP, but Paul is more anti-Hillary than anyone else. Its between those two. Jeb and Rubio are both establishments, just like Hillary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »

Walker, because, he can put a blue firewall state into play, and OHIO is very much like WI. 

But, that strategy won't work, because the 272 route is still possible, if Clinton picks Hickenlooper and wins NV, PA, CO, NH, PA and IA.
m4567
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »

Jeb Bush is the most electable, but he is not exciting at all.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »

This.  With a damaged Christie and a pathetic rest of the field, Kasich is the only legitimate shot.  Sad.
bobloblaw
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »

While I dont support him at this time, the strongest candidate might be Rubio. I was listening to him on radio and he was very impressive.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

The Carolina Panthers were the strongest team in the NFC South last year.

As I have been saying for a long time, since the start of the modern primary system, no one has had an easier path to the White House than Hillary.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 01:16:35 PM »

Okay I don't get this. I hear people bring up Kasich as the "Great Conservative Messiah" who will save the country from Hillary Clinton. I really don't get it at all. I just don't get why these forums have such a hard on for John Kasich. He seems like just another bland Midwestern governor. Can somebody please explain this to me? He doesn't seem like he could flip some blue states or like he has a message that differs from the GOP platform, so why all the hype?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »

Bush, but any of them would be the underdog against Clinton.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 03:44:23 PM »

Okay I don't get this. I hear people bring up Kasich as the "Great Conservative Messiah" who will save the country from Hillary Clinton. I really don't get it at all. I just don't get why these forums have such a hard on for John Kasich. He seems like just another bland Midwestern governor. Can somebody please explain this to me? He doesn't seem like he could flip some blue states or like he has a message that differs from the GOP platform, so why all the hype?

He's a more moderate version of Scott Walker from a state that is both crucial for the GOP and easier to flip than Wisconsin, yet doesn't have to deal with the baggage of having the last name Bush, nor having been out of politics for over a decade.

I'm not saying he's the messiah or anything. But he's easily the best Republican option that also has a realistic shot to win the nomination.
bobloblaw
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

Kaisch is extremely boring. People rarely vote for boring
bobloblaw
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »

The Carolina Panthers were the strongest team in the NFC South last year.

As I have been saying for a long time, since the start of the modern primary system, no one has had an easier path to the White House than Hillary.

and yet there is a good chance she'll still blow it
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:57 PM »

He's a more moderate version of Scott Walker from a state that is both crucial for the GOP and easier to flip than Wisconsin, yet doesn't have to deal with the baggage of having the last name Bush, nor having been out of politics for over a decade.

I'm not saying he's the messiah or anything. But he's easily the best Republican option that also has a realistic shot to win the nomination.

Okay yeah I just looked up his positions on a couple issues. Didn't know he supported Medicaid expansion, immigration reform, and Common Core. On The Issues really needs to update their John Kasich page. Cheesy
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »

Walker.

Paul would get destroyed by a year or 18 months in the limelight.  Hillary's negatives provide a floor, but she'd beat him by a solid 53-45 type margin.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »

Okay yeah I just looked up his positions on a couple issues. Didn't know he supported Medicaid expansion, immigration reform, and Common Core. On The Issues really needs to update their John Kasich page. Cheesy

Kasich is my choice as well.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies