Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks?  (Read 4578 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »

if a non-liberal comedian posted this, there would be a witch hunt.

Badgate's #1 trick for identifying fallacy: when people use this type of argument.

Fallacic arguments often are close enough to truth that they become an enhancer rather than a drag.
Rubbing baby boy penis on your face to stay young is encouraged in the media.

If men were importing African baby girl clitori and rubbing it on their face to make them manlier...I believe very strongly there would be a witch hunt.  As in the witches of all genders would be on the hunt.  Law school white males living in utter privelege leading the hunt.

That's when fallacy blurs with every indicative likelihood in society.

Mutilating baby boys so Oprah can look purple and gleaming is totes okay.  But if John Boehner did it but with baby girl parts?  Holy sh**t, watch out.  Lief would have him thrown in prison with the MRAs.

But CTrattlesnake...quit focusing all your time on the myriad colors of the rainbow insisting your color is better.  I know your philosophy type by the way you simplify Joe Bastardi's already overly simplified argument and regurgitate it here.

I have trouble explaining anything...but like goat gods covered in jao... You go the same way. "HA.  JUST WAIT TILL THE PDO FLIPS THE MJO INTO THE AMO AND CAUSES A BFD ALL OVER YOUR MSG!"  Nobody gets that but you.  And me.

Why not say:  I see liberal comedians get away with racist remarks all the time.  They claim to do so ironically.  I feel as though a conservative comedian who makes the same joke would be treated differently...and unfairly so.  Do you agree?

The idiots will say HAHALULZERSKATESYOUMRAHAHAGOTOPRISON.  Or say ... And scoff.  R2D2Oakvale comes to mind.  The non idiots will state their position with the same mark of civility you did.  "No, I don't think that's the way I'd put it.  Liberal comedians use ironic racism to break the ice and have a frank discussion of the issue under the safe guise of comedy."

They use racism as a tool to discourage it.  Conservatives use it to discourage the race they're joking about.

Liberal satire is grounded in poking fun and giggling.  Conservative satire cuts the throat and wonders why nobody likes it but the throat cutters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies