Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:02:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks?  (Read 4572 times)
The Arizonan
United States

« on: April 12, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »
« edited: April 12, 2015, 11:18:03 AM by The Arizonan »

How did Trevor Noah get picked to be the new host of The Daily Show? I think Lewis Black or Jessica Williams would've been better choices.

Personally, I find political correctness to be acceptable, even necessary, up to a certain point. After that point, it gets annoying and unbearable.

For example, people should avoid using racial and other types of slurs, but at the same time, colleges and other institutions shouldn't start banning words.

I think that we're getting a bit too worried about offending other people these days. Here in the Navy, they put an emphasis on not listening to music with offensive lyrics and not wearing potentially offensive clothing. You can make people in the military work long hours and deal with BS, but God forbid you offend someone.

He is part Jewish, so he can skate on that one.

Also, Comedy Central doesn't cancel Daniel Tosh for saying worse things, so I imagine he'll survive this.

How does Trevor Noah being part Jewish give him some leeway?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »

How does Trevor Noah being part Jewish give him some leeway?

The same way it gave Jon Leibowitz some leeway, despite not being an observant Jew.

Can we just call Jon Stewart by his current name and not birth name?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:41:26 AM »

I think we're getting a bit too worried about offending other people to the point that we think of it almost like a mortal sin. If Seth McFarlane or whoever sings a song about rape and it is offensive, just get over it and feel free to give him a piece of your mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies