Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:13:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Trevor Noah allowed to post hateful remarks?  (Read 4576 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: April 01, 2015, 12:14:03 AM »

Because nobody gives a sh!t. He's a comedian. People should stop being butthurt. Political Correctness is ruining this country.

gtfo please.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:29 AM »

I support PC and I have no problem with these remarks. There's nothing hateful about them.

This, however, is my sentiment. Besides, it's childish to dig up what someone said years ago and use it against them in the present day. People change, and everyone says stupid stuff at certain times in their life.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »

I support PC and I have no problem with these remarks. There's nothing hateful about them.

This, however, is my sentiment. Besides, it's childish to dig up what someone said years ago and use it against them in the present day. People change, and everyone says stupid stuff at certain times in their life.

Ugh. PC only counts when right-wingers are involved amirite?

Correct.

But in all seriousness, it applies to both sides. I was EXTREMELY awful when I was younger, I frequently used racial slurs for the "hip" factor, I told every awful joke in the book, but I grew up. If a right winger uses racist/homophobic/sexist language, it's wrong. If a left winger does the same thing, it's just as wrong. Seth Macfarlane was completely wrong for his song about rape that he did at the Oscars, and I was furious with him afterwards. If a right winger says "hey, i'm not going to use those words because they're offensive" then power to them. I don't care what one's ideology is, I'm concerned with making sure people aren't going around spouting slurs and epithets because "muh first amendment"
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »

Yeah, cuz it was a lot more fun going around saying the n-word because "why can't white people say it too????????????????????????????"
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »

No, because in that instance you wouldn't be acting like a self righteous killjoy 100% of the time.

I would much, much prefer to be a "self-righteous killjoy" than someone who thinks it's funny, cool or edgy to use racial slurs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies