Initiative 43: "Parental Consent Initiative"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:45:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Initiative 43: "Parental Consent Initiative"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Initiative 43: "Parental Consent Initiative"  (Read 686 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2005, 10:07:22 PM »

Initiative 43 "The Parental Consent Initiative"

Definitions -

1) The term `abortion' means the use or prescription of any instrument, medicine, drug, or any other substance or device intentionally to terminate the pregnancy of a female known to be pregnant with an intention other than to increase the probability of a live birth, to preserve the life or health of the child after live birth, or to remove a dead unborn child who died as the result of a spontaneous abortion, accidental trauma or a criminal assault on the pregnant female or her unborn child.

2) The term 'minor' means any person under the age of 18.

3) The term 'legal guardian' means the guardian of a minor under Southeastern Law.

Section One

(a) To undergo an abortion in the Southeastern Region, a minor must have the consent of at least one of her legal guardians unless otherwise provided in clause (b).

(b) Exceptions to clause (a) will be made in the following circumstances -

(1) The minor signs a written statement of sexual abuse, physical abuse, or neglect by her parents and can prove that she reported it to Regional authorities.

(2) The abortion was necessary to save the life of the minor because her life was endangered by a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness, including a life endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.

(c) No medical practitioner in the Southeastern Region may preform an abortion on a minor without a signed statement from the minor's legal guardian witnessed by at least two others unless otherwise provided in clause (b).

Section Two

(a) Any violations of the provisions contained in Section One by a licensed medical practioner of the Southeastern Region shall result in -

(1) the loss of a license to practice medicine in the Southeastern Region for a period of three years.

(2) a fine of between 50,000 and 150,000 dollars.

(3) imprisonment for between three and six months.

(b) Any violations of the provisions contained in Section One by a medical practitioner of the Southeastern Region two or more times shall result in -

(1) a permanant loss of license to practice medicine in the Southeastern Region.

(2) a fine of between 250,000 and 500,000 dollars.

(3) imprisonment for between one year and three years.

I'd like to know what levels of support there are for something like this. Of course, provisions for health and abusive parents.  Comments?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:10:26 PM »

This type of initiative will always have my signature because I believe this type of stuff is very important (at the Regional level of course).

If there are any changes of stuff that I'm missing, my sig still counts.

X Sam Spade

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 10:23:10 PM »

X Ebowed

Signature valid under any changes unless I state otherwise.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

I guess I'll sign this myself, I'd like to hear what others have to say though.

X Jake
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies