MD-Sen Dem primary: county map.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:21:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Sen Dem primary: county map.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Sen Dem primary: county map.  (Read 2287 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:52:39 PM »

What does the map look like?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »

A lot like Maryland.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »

Edwards winning Prince Cnty, Van Hollen winning everywhere else, strong in Annapolis area, where military base is located at.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:33:10 AM »

I think Edwards wins, but by some razor thin margin.

Edwards: 50.12%
Van Hollen: 49.88%
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »

I just realized this, but VanHollen can't run for his House seat if he looses the primary, can he?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2015, 11:15:07 AM by X »

Van Hollen will win by about 5% and the map will be fairly similar to the Cardin vs. Mfume map from 2006 except that Edwards will probably do worse than Mfume in Baltimore City since the Maryland African-American establishment hates her (as do many in the CBC), Van Hollen will crack 60% in Montgomery County, and Van Hollen will run about 5-15% ahead of Cardin the more conservative rural and suburban counties.  

Edwards will be extremely lucky if she can manage to get over 40% in Montgomery County, she certainly won't win there even if she wins the primary.  There's also no way she'll come even remotely close to winning any Eastern Shore counties.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »

She could win some Eastern Shore counties where the Democratic electorate is majority black.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »

She could win some Eastern Shore counties where the Democratic electorate is majority black.

That's what I was trying to get at Tongue.

Maybe I should've had my handy dandy census files next to me Grin
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 01:55:28 PM »

Need to wait and see if a Baltimore candidate jumps in.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »

She doesn't play very well with others in general from what I've read and is a bit of a lone wolf type, she apparently showed no interest in working with its members on the caucus' priorities until about a month before she announced her candidacy, and some folks are still mad that she unseated Al Wynn who was apparently very well liked within the CBC despite being too conservative for his district.  This is why many members of the CBC want Cummings to run (to ensure that Edwards doesn't win).
warandwar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

She doesn't play very well with others in general from what I've read and is a bit of a lone wolf type, she apparently showed no interest in working with its members on the caucus' priorities until about a month before she announced her candidacy, and some folks are still mad that she unseated Al Wynn who was apparently very well liked within the CBC despite being too conservative for his district.  This is why many members of the CBC want Cummings to run (to ensure that Edwards doesn't win).

The reason people want Cummings to run isn't to prevent Edwards from winning.
In a 2-way race, Edwards will certainly win some Eastern Shore counties. Somerset and Kent for sure.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 12:59:53 PM »

In a 2-way race, Edwards will certainly win some Eastern Shore counties. Somerset and Kent for sure.

It's certainly the reason most of the CBC has been lobbying him to run, although I will grant you that some Baltimore-area politicians also want a candidate from that area to be the nominee, although even then stopping Edwards is still a significant factor.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »

Edwards need to win this race, especially since Reid has retired. I am now in Edwards camp.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »

Van Hollen will win by about 5% and the map will be fairly similar to the Cardin vs. Mfume map from 2006 except that Edwards will probably do worse than Mfume in Baltimore City since the Maryland African-American establishment hates her (as do many in the CBC), Van Hollen will crack 60% in Montgomery County, and Van Hollen will run about 5-15% ahead of Cardin the more conservative rural and suburban counties.  

Edwards will be extremely lucky if she can manage to get over 40% in Montgomery County, she certainly won't win there even if she wins the primary.  There's also no way she'll come even remotely close to winning any Eastern Shore counties.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 09:36:25 PM »

It's certainly the reason most of the CBC has been lobbying him to run, although I will grant you that some Baltimore-area politicians also want a candidate from that area to be the nominee, although even then stopping Edwards is still a significant factor.
Do you have any sources? At all? There's certainly reticence to support Edwards, but you seem to bee saying that people are pushing Cummings not because they think he'll win, but because he'll cause Edwards to lose. That's not true.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 05:59:17 AM »

Do you have any sources? At all? There's certainly reticence to support Edwards, but you seem to bee saying that people are pushing Cummings not because they think he'll win, but because he'll cause Edwards to lose. That's not true.

I will look for the article for you where I read that, although I never said they don't also think Cummings could win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies