Top 3 Least Favorite Sports Teams (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:51:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Top 3 Least Favorite Sports Teams (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 3 Least Favorite Sports Teams  (Read 2921 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 04, 2015, 01:43:02 AM »

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Los Angeles Dodgers
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:19:22 PM »

Can somebody explain the hate for the Cardinals?  I get Cubs fan (though why they don't hate their team is beyond me) and maybe Brewers, Reds and Pirates fans, but it seems like those guys would hate other teams more naturally.

I'm guessing part of it is the (often) excessive praise Cardinal fans get from the national media as being "the best fans in Baseball".  That's a tough/impossible label to prove, but there is some evidence for it.  St Louis is a baseball town like no other.  Football and basketball are a distant third and forth class there.  They LOVE the Cardinals (and to slightly lesser extent, the Blues...smaller base, but just as enthusiastic).  I've been to a lot of places and only two of them have as much love/enthusiasm for the local team.....and they are places without a major league team of any kind so are forced to love the local college team and have nothing else of importance to root for.  The Florida Panhandle and Nebraska.

I like the Cardinals for taking down the Dodgers. Anyone who Beats LA is good in my book. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies