Miley Cyrus trolls Senator Cotton on "Religious Freedom" Law
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:36:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Miley Cyrus trolls Senator Cotton on "Religious Freedom" Law
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Miley Cyrus trolls Senator Cotton on "Religious Freedom" Law  (Read 2510 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »
« edited: April 02, 2015, 03:55:19 PM by ModerateVoter »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link.

(Her tweets can be seen in the link)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »

I liked her already because she's a hot, nasty little freak.  Now I like her even more despite the crappy pop music. 

You go, girl!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »

I would consider this a mark against the anti-RRFA side.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »

I liked her already because she's a hot, nasty little freak.  Now I like her even more despite the crappy pop music. 

You go, girl!

Wrecking Ball is actually a pretty good song.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »

No, no, mark cotton's support is many times more embarrassing than miley cyrus's.  
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »

If Tom Cotton can't stand up to Miley Cyrus, how can he stand up to Vladimir Putin?
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

Cyrus vs. Cotton discuss with maps.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:26:43 PM »

207-331
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 07:49:59 PM »

Who cares?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »

One of them can't run.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »

that didnt stop obummer
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 12:21:39 PM »

CNN trolled America on RFRA with their misinformation.

I believe the government should allow me to force Miley Cyrus to perform at my 'Pray For Miley Cyrus' Convention.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »

How on earth this Cotton guy has graduated from Harvard?
Did he have a full frontal lobotomy afterwards or what?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

The red state conservative overachievers who go to HYP are usually the most stubborn and reactionary of them all - more so than the ones who just stayed home and went to their flagship state school. They have huge chips on their shoulders.

Ivies can be difficult places for "outsiders" - those who are not legacies or otherwise from that cultural bubble of high-end Northeastern/Chicagoland suburbs and private schools and club lacrosse teams. If you're a minority success story, or an international student or otherwise "exotic", you are a hot commodity (Simfan is an example of this).

If you're a white Christian person from Arkansas/Texas/etc, you're met with a collective eyeroll*. So you seek refuge in the Federalist Society or Young Americans for Freedom or whatever other conservative berths you can find. You stay in those and for four years your beliefs marinate and distill in an unquestioning, reinforcing environment. This is how you get Tom Cottons and Ted Cruzes.

* This does not include the old money Southern/Texan types whose families have been going to Ivies for generations. They usually join one of the more conservative fraternities and either end up working on Wall Street or going back home to work in the family business.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »

The red state conservative overachievers who go to HYP are usually the most stubborn and reactionary of them all - more so than the ones who just stayed home and went to their flagship state school. They have huge chips on their shoulders.

Ivies can be difficult places for "outsiders" - those who are not legacies or otherwise from that cultural bubble of high-end Northeastern/Chicagoland suburbs and private schools and club lacrosse teams. If you're a minority success story, or an international student or otherwise "exotic", you are a hot commodity (Simfan is an example of this).

If you're a white Christian person from Arkansas/Texas/etc, you're met with a collective eyeroll*. So you seek refuge in the Federalist Society or Young Americans for Freedom or whatever other conservative berths you can find. You stay in those and for four years your beliefs marinate and distill in an unquestioning, reinforcing environment. This is how you get Tom Cottons and Ted Cruzes.

* This does not include the old money Southern/Texan types whose families have been going to Ivies for generations. They usually join one of the more conservative fraternities and either end up working on Wall Street or going back home to work in the family business.

George W. Bush is an interesting and relatively unique  example, because on the one hand, he actually was from a long line of Northeastern and Midwestern* Yalies who were certainly far from "outsiders" to wealth and power and included high-achievers like his father and grandfather.

On the other hand, Dubya was raised in (relatively) middle-class settings in West Texas, went to public schools up until high school, and was generally considered a "rebel" and a "cowboy" who disdained the snobby elitism (especially academic/intellectual elitism) of the Ivy League atmosphere that he encountered. He had a far different experience at Andover and Yale from that of his father.

*While George H.W. Bush was born and raised in New England, Prescott Bush actually hailed from Columbus, Ohio, IIRC.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »

George W. Bush is an interesting and relatively unique  example, because on the one hand, he actually was from a long line of Northeastern and Midwestern* Yalies who were certainly far from "outsiders" to wealth and power and included high-achievers like his father and grandfather.

On the other hand, Dubya was raised in (relatively) middle-class settings in West Texas, went to public schools up until high school, and was generally considered a "rebel" and a "cowboy" who disdained the snobby elitism (especially academic/intellectual elitism) of the Ivy League atmosphere that he encountered. He had a far different experience at Andover and Yale from that of his father.

*While George H.W. Bush was born and raised in New England, Prescott Bush actually hailed from Columbus, Ohio, IIRC.

I'd guess his experience was closest to the asterisk example I provided. IIRC, he was basically apolitical in college apart from whatever he was obligated to do as the son of a public official. I know he's said he didn't like Yale, but I doubt he felt "alienated" in the way that someone like Tom Cotton may have. Jeb went to UT, so the whole "I only went to Yale because Poppy made me" thing clearly doesn't hold water since the other kids didn't go there.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

FF
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »

Good post! I learned quite a bit from this Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 05:20:38 AM »

If Tom Cotton can't stand up to Miley Cyrus, how can he stand up to Vladimir Putin?

Why would he stand up to his fellow white Christian Obama hating right-wingers?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 05:27:04 AM »

No, no, mark cotton's support is many times more embarrassing than miley cyrus's.  

Who's Mark Cotton?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »

Who's Mark Cotton?

I'm not going to spend valuable time and energy learning tim cotton's first name, morden.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »

I know Hannah Montana can read, but i thought Miley Cyrus was illiterate?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies