Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez  (Read 2543 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
« edited: April 03, 2015, 10:05:48 PM by DeadPrez »

Greetings to all! I am DeadPrez, an individualist from Texas and I am looking for your support in the upcoming election for Governor.

Let me start with the issues:
Reforming Welfare
Pushing individualism by promoting social issues

Campaign Ads
Dead Prez

Chaplin

Time For Choosing
If you have any questions about myself, why I chose to run, or my issues, let me know!

ENDORSEMENTS
Speaker PiT
Senator North Carolina Yankee
Stmarken (Fed-ME)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:58:14 PM »

Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »

Why would you want to go against the will of The People?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 05:23:23 PM »

Endorsed.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »

Because I support the Will of the Individual. Not The People. I want every voice to be heard. Furthermore, I do not believe this amendment supports the Will of The People.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »

Because I support the Will of the Individual. Not The People. I want every voice to be heard. Furthermore, I do not believe this amendment supports the Will of The People.

This is despite the fact that it passed handily in a public vote? I know the Federalist Party as a whole has buried its head in the sand in regards to the shifting political landscape but this is nonsensical.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2015, 06:07:30 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Are you aware that it passed the referendum of The People by almost 80%, with more than half of all registered voters in the IDS at the time voting for it?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

Are you aware that it passed the referendum of The People by almost 80%, with more than half of all registered voters in the IDS at the time voting for it?
I'm not sure I follow you fully.

This is despite the fact that it passed handily in a public vote? I know the Federalist Party as a whole has buried its head in the sand in regards to the shifting political landscape but this is nonsensical.
I don't think you are understanding what I am getting at. I think our interpretation of the individual is slightly different. Because 14 people voted in favor of the bill, that means the bill completely represents the entire population? Even though 4 voted in opposition? Furthermore, based on the main points of the bill, I see nothing significant about the legislation and what it addresses. What was so significant about repealing the What's in a Name amendment?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »

There were 24 registered voters in the IDS at the time the voting booth closed. 14 of them voted aye. 4 of them voted nay. Six of them did not vote. Fairly simple concept to grasp.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 08:22:27 PM »

I'm not sure I understand you fully when you say a bill that passed with 80% support doesn't represent the will of The People.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2015, 09:41:59 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

As recently as January, the will of the people of the South was 50-50 on this matter. I would say that anti-IDS sympathies were in the deep minority for most of the period stretching from August 2010 until 2014. And you and I both went against the people in opposing the IDS back when it was passed in 2010 I would point out. Tongue You, me and BK were like the only nay votes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »

I know the Federalist Party as a whole has buried its head in the sand in regards to the shifting political landscape.

You sir have no grounds on which to lecture people on reading the political landscape.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »

I don't think you are understanding what I am getting at. I think our interpretation of the individual is slightly different. Because 14 people voted in favor of the bill, that means the bill completely represents the entire population? Even though 4 voted in opposition?

So, in your opinion, the only "legitimate" laws are those that pass with 100% approval? I assume that you will accordingly refuse to take office if you win less than 100% of the vote, since your election will not represent the will of the entire population.

Furthermore, based on the main points of the bill, I see nothing significant about the legislation and what it addresses.

Then why bring it up again?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:35 PM »

As recently as January, the will of the people of the South was 50-50 on this matter. I would say that anti-IDS sympathies were in the deep minority for most of the period stretching from August 2010 until 2014. And you and I both went against the people in opposing the IDS back when it was passed in 2010 I would point out. Tongue You, me and BK were like the only nay votes.

The past does not matter. The will of the people now is clearly against the Imperial Dominion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »

The past does not matter.

For someone whose path to politics started with a love of history, I cannot tell you how much this makes my heart ache right now. Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »

There were 24 registered voters in the IDS at the time the voting booth closed. 14 of them voted aye. 4 of them voted nay. Six of them did not vote. Fairly simple concept to grasp.
Right. I understand that completely. I just don't understand how 80 percent somehow represents 100 percent.

Nonetheless, I don't see how the bill makes any significant change in our lives. I support a repeal because it is unnecessary.

But it doesn't do any harm, either. Why spend time fighting over something when, in the end, it has very little effect on the game?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »

For someone whose path to politics started with a love of history, I cannot tell you how much this makes my heart ache right now. Tongue

I love history too, but arguing in favor of a policy because people used to support it makes no sense. In 1750, most Americans were content to remain under British rule - should Atlasia become a colony again because of that?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »

I love history too, but arguing in favor of a policy because people used to support it makes no sense. In 1750, most Americans were content to remain under British rule - should Atlasia become a colony again because of that?

Do you know how long the Populares had a plurality in the South? Six months. They are not even mentioned on the wiki for the region, which I'd say is a disgrace considering that for a 1/3rd of the game they managed to define the culture and indentity of the region. A lot of people in the South now were not Southerners just six months ago. Some were here a while ago like Miles and Goldwater. Ironically, I didn't understand Goldwater's reason for voting nay, but then I ran across this old list on the RPP forum's Populare section.

December 13, 2010, 12:42:25 PM
IDS (7)
ajc0918 South FL POP 0 07-Sep-10
Daniel Adams South FL POP 2 xx-xxx-xx
feeblepizza South TN POP 0 20-Jul-10 Move to IN valid Jan. 16
Republican95 South MS POP 2 21-Jul-10
Republitarian South TX POP 0 09-Aug-10
SvenssonRS South TN POP 0 24-Okt-10
useful idiot South NC POP 2 20-Jul-10

Not surprising considerng it is a list of Populares, two of these people were later banned (Svennson and feeble if memory serves me). Jbrase is missing because he moved to the Pacific.

Southeast (9)
AHDuke99 South SC RPP 0 05-Aug-10
brandonh South LA RPP 0 xx-xxx-xx
Devilman88 South SC RPP 1 11-Jun-10
KS21 South AR RPP 0 09-Okt-10
MilesC56 South LA RPP 0 08-Okt-10
North Carolina Yankee South NC RPP 0 xx-xxx-xx
PiT (The Physicist) South LA RPP 0 xx-xxx-xx
Taft4Prez  South NC RPP 0 21-Dez-10 
tb75 South NC RPP 0 xx-xxx-xx

Miles put us back in the lead that month. Grin

Down, RPP nostalgia, down

Anyway, back on task.

Your comparison is apples to oranges.

As many as a third of Americans were tories well after the Declaration of Independence. Comparing 1750 to today, is much different then comparing the first week of January to today. Tongue X was opposed, Dereich was still here then, people's opinions can changed. When Jbrase saw that Sjoyce and Maxwell voted aye, he nearly flipped in disbelief. Grin
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 11:02:35 PM »

This argument that advancing Imperial rule does not represent the will of The People is ludicrously off-base, for the simple fact that if the amendment passes then it clearly has come to represent the will of The People. The only way it would be a valid point would be if Deadprez were advocating far-right revolution to overthrow the Governor and install an Emperor. He most certainly is not.

Everyone here is free to disagree on the issue of the name "Imperial Dominion of the South", but I would encourage them to not misrepresent the candidate's position by claiming that it is undemocratic or the like.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 12:09:40 AM »

I wholeheartedly approve of any attempt to short-circuit and ultimately reverse dominant opinion on a political issue. It reminds me of the entire consolidation effort!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »

I wholeheartedly approve of any attempt to short-circuit and ultimately reverse dominant opinion on a political issue. It reminds me of the entire consolidation effort!

And the opposition to it as well.

65% opposed, 60% in favor, 59% opposed. That was in just six months by the way.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 12:43:51 AM »

This debate has certainly grown outside just opposing the amendment Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 01:13:42 AM »

And the opposition to it as well.

65% opposed, 60% in favor, 59% opposed. That was in just six months by the way.

But I thought that the will of The People was immutable and that questioning the wisdom of public opinion was turrible.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies