Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez  (Read 2508 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »

What everyone is understandably puzzled about is the fact that he states that 80% doesn't represent the South, as that notion runs counter to any sort of thought about what democracy is. He goes on to say that it was unnecessary, in that case isn't advocating for a repeal of the Duke Glory Days Amendment even more unnecessary?

The fact that a Libertarian wants the return of a "Imperial" South is even more hilarious. And honestly, Yankee, I wasn't around for this whole RPP nonsense but I would focus on the present if I were you as your party seems to be hurting.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 11:22:00 AM by oakvale »

I know the Federalist Party as a whole has buried its head in the sand in regards to the shifting political landscape.

You sir have no grounds on which to lecture people on reading the political landscape.

Uhhhh

From a couple of months before your election as Federalist Chair -

NC Yankee has been elected Chairman of the Federalist Party of Atlasia.

To today -

Some highlights -

MIDEAST SENATE

WINDJAMMER 20 (morgieb, hifly15, EarlAW, Badger, Franzl, liberty142, MalaspinaGold, TDAS04, Njall, wifikitten, Fuzzybigfoot, Wolverine22, Mechaman, MilesC56, Chilltown, nclib, Sibboleth, ProgReal, Windjammer, ModerateVAVoter)

CASSIUS 8 (tmthforu94, Cassius, DC al Fine, benconstine, Anton Kreitzer, Reaganfan, JCL, TJ in Cleve)

BMOTLEY 7 (Spiral, shua, Celticempire, ElectionsGuy, Cathcon, Bmotley, Vosem)

INVALID 1 (solarstorm)

WINDJAMMER is elected Mideast Senator.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT

BORE and BACON KING 69 (Flo, Talleyrand, SWE, Nagas, Harry S Truman, Barnes, BRTD, IceSpear, Kalwejt, Malaspina, Gass3268, Adam Griffin, MormDem, badgate, morgieb, Fuzzybigfoot, beatrice, Blair, Franzl, Intell, a person, solarstorm, Mr X, Cranberry, TNF, Arturo Belano, rpryor03, Mr Illini, EarlAW, Grumps, homelycooking, New Canadaland, oakvale, SawxDem, Badger, DemPGH, Dr Cynic, Sibboleth, Clyde1998, sjoycefla, Marokai Blue, Gaworth, Fritz, Ebowed, Mattrose94, Brewer, wifikitten, Thomas D, WSGYMN?, ssuperflash, Njall, Sir John Johns, pikachu, Snowguy, polnut, MaxQue, Antonio, Simfan, Duke, ilikeverin, TDAS04, Bore, IBDD, ScottieF, Lief, Windjammer, nclib, Ogis, JoeMad) ELECTED

MAXWELL and DALLASFAN65 40 (Maxwell, Turkisblau, Spiral, Goldwater, Shua, Averroes Nix, Bmotley, Wulfric, SPC, Spamage, TheHawk, Potus2036, smoltchanov, Gustaf, Small L, Smilo, Pandaguineapig, Chairman Sanchez, Rooney, dkrolga, ElectionsGuy, angus, benconstine, Superique, Vosem, Rfayette, BaconBacon, AndrewCT, Deus naturae, Jack Enderman, PiT, RR1997, Sbane, Foucaulf, daveosupremo, Dallasfan, Cathcon, Hagrid, RogueBeaver, Dereich)

SOUTHERN SENATOR

HAGRIDOFTHEDEEP 11 (Flo, Maxwell, badgate, a person, Mr X, Smilo, oakvale, sjoycefla, Jack Enderman, daveosupremo, Hagrid) ELECTED

NORTH CAROLINA YANKEE 9 (Goldwater, MilesC56, Small L, Pandaguineapig, AndrewCT, Pingvin, PiT, Duke, NCYankee)

BORE is elected President.
BACON KING is elected Vice President.
TALLEYRAND is elected Northeast Senator.
WINDJAMMER is elected Mideast Senator.
HAGRIDOFTHEDEEP is elected Southern Senator.
TNF is elected Midwest Senator.
THECRANBERRY is elected Pacific Senator.

Oof, not a single elected officeholder on the federal level and only two (2) nationally? If I was a Federalist I'd have you charged with criminal negligence.

My small party on the other hand has two fine Senators (Smiley), a majority of Governor's mansions, the Vice-Presidency, a bloc of regional legislators, and a solid working relationship with the major party in this game that's actually capable of getting things done (TNF and JCL are both "extreme" by any standard - who's the one with an accomplished record of legislation?) Reading the political landscape? I'll take my chances.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »

What everyone is understandably puzzled about is the fact that he states that 80% doesn't represent the South, as that notion runs counter to any sort of thought about what democracy is. He goes on to say that it was unnecessary, in that case isn't advocating for a repeal of the Duke Glory Days Amendment even more unnecessary?

The fact that a Libertarian wants the return of a "Imperial" South is even more hilarious. And honestly, Yankee, I wasn't around for this whole RPP nonsense but I would focus on the present if I were you as your party seems to be hurting.

Because criticizing the RPP has helped you guys so much, and the fact that TPPers keep attacking its legacy is even more hilarious, considering how and why it was created. Tongue

The Imperial South was created by, for and of libertarians, Jbrase and the Populares, Dibble and PiT. 

My Party is hurting right now, because too few want to participate anymore and little wonder considering the way so many in my Party have been treated.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »

The RPP is primarily associated to those of us who remember with that psychopath DWTL. As someone with some experience of being a member of a party led by a psychopath (Napilton) I can't fathom continuing to defend it. You don't hear me harping on about the great Liberal Era.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »

The Duke amendment may not be important to some but it is to me, and I'll fight to make sure it's not upended by any rogue forces.

Thanks to its passage, the south is rising again, with an active legislature and a fantastic governor. Changing course now would be a colossal mistake I don't want to see happen to my region.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »

The Duke amendment may not be important to some but it is to me, and I'll fight to make sure it's not upended by any rogue forces.

Thanks to its passage, the south is rising again, with an active legislature and a fantastic governor. Changing course now would be a colossal mistake I don't want to see happen to my region.

It would be a tragedy to see the region plunged back into the Dungeons & Dragons era and I'm perplexed as to why anyone would want such a thing except for the simple fact that there's nothing else they can run against a Governor as superb as Flo on.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

It would be a tragedy to see the region plunged back into the Dungeons & Dragons era and I'm perplexed as to why anyone would want such a thing except for the simple fact that there's nothing else they can run against a Governor as superb as Flo on.
I liked it because it was so weird. It was one of the little quirks that make this game interesting. Kinda funny that the issue has provoked so much discussion.

I agree with this; these little quirks are good for the game. While I am glad we have the "South" now instead of the pathetically milquetoast "Southeast", we need more affectation. I like how Duke called his mansion the Governor's Plantation.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »

I liked it because it was so weird. It was one of the little quirks that make this game interesting. Kinda funny that the issue has provoked so much discussion.

I agree with this; these little quirks are good for the game. While I am glad we have the "South" now instead of the pathetically milquetoast "Southeast", we need more affectation. I like how Duke called his mansion the Governor's Plantation.

The original bill actually called the 'Governor's Mansion' the 'Governor's Plantation'. It was amended for obvious reasons.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »

Well, I wanted all of the old names back, but some thought plantation was racist, so I lost out on that.

Either way, it's preferable to what it was, because nothing about the IDS was traditionally southern, and it certainly didn't make the region better than it was. I think the south is in a good place at the moment, with Flo and now PiT returning, we have a bright future. No need to unilaterally attempt to change the name back to what it was after we overwhelmingly passed an amendment supporting the return of the South.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 06:31:11 PM »

The original bill actually called the 'Governor's Mansion' the 'Governor's Plantation'. It was amended for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons? The Plantation is heritage, not hate. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:10 PM »

The RPP is primarily associated to those of us who remember with that psychopath DWTL. As someone with some experience of being a member of a party led by a psychopath (Napilton) I can't fathom continuing to defend it. You don't hear me harping on about the great Liberal Era.

Congrats, you just insulted your own party's founder. Roll Eyes After DWTL left, Duke and I transformed the RPP so much so that no less than Afleitch, who loathed DWTL, joined the Party. Marokai, Franzl, etc etc etc. All joined the RPPer under our leadership because they were without a home and they felt the RPP had changed enough to be worthy of joining. Many of those people are now members of your party. Hell your party was founded by the RPP's moderate wing, and wouldn't exist without the RPP legacy created post December 2009.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »

Well, I wanted all of the old names back, but some thought plantation was racist, so I lost out on that.

Either way, it's preferable to what it was, because nothing about the IDS was traditionally southern, and it certainly didn't make the region better than it was. I think the south is in a good place at the moment, with Flo and now PiT returning, we have a bright future. No need to unilaterally attempt to change the name back to what it was after we overwhelmingly passed an amendment supporting the return of the South.

I personally would not have minded, but I have heard other complain about the racism and the argument was "recruitment boom" as the primary justification for the change. If you were to push for a return to the DWTL era South (now that you mention it), I would not vote against it. Of course this whole name business has me torn.

The DS is inextricably linked to the RPP's (but then again so is IDS courtesy of Emperor PiT's tenure and The Federalist Party was born partly of the Imperial Bloc). So I am rather torn between two worlds here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 11:28:18 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 11:29:53 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

As I recall this matter was not focus of Deadprez's campaign, it was brought up by a resident who is just as entitled to his opinion on the matter as you are. Though as a long time Pacific resident, who openly admits to being here just long enough to impact the region's politics, before returning, I must say Small L does have some greater amount of credibility seeing his commitment to the region. Tongue

Oakvale
Civic Renewal
Tennessee

not really april fool's ayy lmao

I was hoping you would be able to come home again Cry

I'll be back as soon as it's clear that the rotten borough South won't return.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 12:09:22 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2015, 12:17:20 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I know the Federalist Party as a whole has buried its head in the sand in regards to the shifting political landscape.

You sir have no grounds on which to lecture people on reading the political landscape.

Uhhhh

From a couple of months before your election as Federalist Chair -

I was chair on July 4, 2014 as your subsequent quote indicates. Roll Eyes

For the period of February through August 6, 2014, when I actually was running things, I recruited us back up to 50 members (inspite of losing you, Matt and some others IIRC when the TPP reformed), I managed to orchestrate two At-Large Conservative special election victories and came within a John Dibble voting of a three in a row, which would have been unprecedented. I took office we had three Senates seats, on August 6, 2014, we had four. When I took office we had one Regional Executive, on August 6, 2014, we had two. I also helped to orchestrate several conservative legislative victories in Duke's second term, uniting members from all parties on healthcare and scaling back the minimum wage hikes. I was hampered by a lack of engaging candidates, and even in some cases, a candidate at all and had to rely on you guys to put up a Presidential candidate as a result and we ended up with a Labor President because TPP assumed the Feds would automatically support anyone against Labor with 100%. Repeating the same mistake is the definition of... and they call me crazy. Tongue

Is it my fault Maxwell deregistered and then joined the DRs. He would have beat DemPGH as a Presidential candidate for the Feds in June 2014.

Is it my fault that I inherited a party where all its active core members who had sustained it in 2013 were burned out/and or left because of consolidation?

When I lost access, for the first month things went fine because Tmth, Hagrid, JCL, Lumine and Cris stepped up and carried the Party to victory, taking advantage of Labor's collapse. But right after the At-Large elections, things went to hell and a hand basket. I couldn't stop dicks on the forum  at-large from driving Scott off and costing us the IDS Emperor. I couldn't orchestrate a cross-preferencing deal between Cassius and the DRs in thE Mideast (if such was even remotely possible) nor keep MasterJedi in the game like I had previously, nor Inks from going to far as mod and leaving the forum. I couldn't spend hours prowling the Who's line to find people to replace them either in the Mideast and Windjammer smelled blood and swept in for the kill. Hagrid and Hifly got into it and I found out, it was days later on my neighbors wifi, they had gone on vacation.

Once I came back, things were were different. We had the Presidency and I had been reelected, but nothing was working. People were taking turns to stick it to the Party for slights real and imagined. We lost the second At-Large seat because two people defected, one of whom was Foucaulf.

I play this game because I enjoy it. For the longest time it was the only game I could play because of computer problems. I have to work to pay for the internet that gets me on here, the house from which to do it in and the power to run the computer. I don't have time to be a Tmth, or a Flo or a Windjammer and it is not my style. I am a pretty fair, generous and nice guy in spite of tremendous personal baggage. All I ever wanted was a willing team of partners. People who would come and ask how they can help advance the right to which I would have responded:

run for office
run for office
did I mention run for office.

and to work together and support each other. This party has never stuck together. As far back as April 2013, we lost a second AT-Large seat because of defections and I remember Hagrid bemoaning the lack of commitment in that convention. At the very least, it shows this problem goes back to the beginning and it is why so many had left.

To the outside observer it really looks like I am a sh**tty chairman. From my pespective it has been a pathetic cycle and downward spiral of one person deciding to be a special snowflake as Griffin called it. Somebody defects for some legitimate or illegitimate reason, we lose a key seat, crap gets passed that others in the party don't like or we don't pass enough stuff that these others do like, they then get mad and they defect or leave. And the same fing cycle starts all over again. And this has been going now for two and a half years now the same way against a backdrop of less and less interest and engagement on the part of conservatives. I wonder why? Roll Eyes A Conservative Party requires sacrifice and it is just so much easier to be selfish and put yourself first at the expense of the party. At the end of the day, this is why the right in Atlasia is so hampered. Because sooner or later, you decide that if you cannot beat them, you either join them or leave.

I am sick of center left and leftists people lecturing me, or Hagrid before me on why we are so terrible, why we cannot control our parties. Trying telling a Libertarian where to register. All socialists are devoted to the cause, all non-socialists lefties wish they were. All centrists think both sides are nuts. Any libertarian things a Conservative is wrong a good percentage of the time and a good number of Conservatives would consider a libertarian a liberal. Walk a day in our shows, see what it is like.

FTR, I wasn't talking about your record as chair save for the special.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 12:47:30 AM »

Congrats, you just insulted your own party's founder. Roll Eyes After DWTL left, Duke and I transformed the RPP so much so that no less than Afleitch, who loathed DWTL, joined the Party. Marokai, Franzl, etc etc etc. All joined the RPPer under our leadership because they were without a home and they felt the RPP had changed enough to be worthy of joining. Many of those people are now members of your party. Hell your party was founded by the RPP's moderate wing, and wouldn't exist without the RPP legacy created post December 2009.

The RPP is an important forebear of both the Feds and TPP. It takes a certain antihistorical perspective to speak poorly of the RPP at this point. It's really quite fitting given who we're talking about here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 01:02:01 AM »

He was a JCPer at the time, he didn't experience the beauty and magic of the RPP's renaissance of 2010 and 2011.

I would never have gotten PiT back either in June 2010 had the RPP not changed, either. Tongue

I remember when Duke litterally doubled the size of the DS RPP in the summer of 2010. All with existing players (well almost, 4 to 7). Then a month later 2/3rds of the DA joined. Good times, good times. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

What is your opinion of commissions chronicling our law and history?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »

As Governor what would you want done with the $130 billion dollars the South has been spending on nothing?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies