Was Bushie's latest move his most frustrating ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was Bushie's latest move his most frustrating ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Was Bushie's latest move his most frustrating ever?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Was Bushie's latest move his most frustrating ever?  (Read 2069 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »

I'll honestly say this was the first time in a long time Update got me legitimately upset instead of just laughing it off and thinking "Oh typical Bushie." Especially since it was entirely of his doing and no one else's. Honestly I'm curious why J-Mann hasn't chimed in, but it might be because this is the sort of thing that words fail on.

Like seriously, he literally quit probably the best job he's ever gotten for himself in almost five years because he heard something from a friend, made some rash assumptions and immediately panicked. Argh.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:06:28 PM »

but he needed a two week vacation.  it is easter after all. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »

The worst part is that this job was one of the best things he's done in many, many years. For once it looked like he was making some positive steps forward in his life. But nope, he quits after two days.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:45 PM »

I was incredibly optimistic about a turn around. Without a doubt, yes. I'm not even sure I want Update to continue after that. It's just insulting to the viewers to lead them on like that and then bam out of nowhere with no external causes. Not every good tale has to be a success story. Selfishness can serve as a tragic flaw, but when it's mixed with laziness, it's just lame.

I can't explain - just pure frustration.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »

It really is sad. For once I had some hope for him even though I figured he'd be gone in a week after the grand opening. Instead I was too generous with my timeline Sad

He'll be back to the unemployment line within two weeks of starting his new call center job.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »

Why couldn't he have put in a two weeks notice with ONG way back when and quit Sprouts without any notice in two weeks from now???
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »

It really is sad. For once I had some hope for him even though I figured he'd be gone in a week after the grand opening. Instead I was too generous with my timeline Sad

He'll be back to the unemployment line within two weeks of starting his new call center job.

Unemployment line!?  Hell no!  Bushie is a hard-workin' American who don't need no Obama checks like some kinda moocher.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 08:49:50 PM »

I was incredibly optimistic about a turn around. Without a doubt, yes. I'm not even sure I want Update to continue after that. It's just insulting to the viewers to lead them on like that and then bam out of nowhere with no external causes. Not every good tale has to be a success story. Selfishness can serve as a tragic flaw, but when it's mixed with laziness, it's just lame.

I can't explain - just pure frustration.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »

Yeah, this was legitimately depressing.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 09:09:17 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 01:25:40 PM by Deus Naturae »

Possibly (though I've only been following since the CADD saga so I only have vague idea of what happened before that), but in this case I think ODF was kind of manipulated by someone else. Based off his description, some fat old woman apparently told him that he would end up with his back and joints destroyed if he maintained a job that involved standing up and walking and pressured him to quit.

It's depressing to think that when he was finally lifting himself up (both literally and metaphorically), another degenerate took it upon herself to pull him back down into the mud.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »

IF that's the case though he was still a fool for listening to that terrible woman and taking her seriously. She is a truly destructive individual.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »

Possibly (though I've only been following since the CADD saga so I only have vague idea of what happened before that), but in this case I think ODF was kind of manipulated by someone else. Based off his description, some fat old woman apparently told him that he would end with his back and joints destroyed if he maintained a job that involved stand up and walking and pressured him to quit.

It's depressing to think that when he was finally lifting himself up (both literally and metaphorically), another degenerate took it upon herself to pull him back down into the mud.

"Jeff, I heard you were working at the meat counter at Sprouts. Is that true?"

"Why, yes it is. Things are really looking up for me! I think I've found a stable career with real prospects. My feet and back have been a little sore these first few days, but-"

"Oh Lordy, Lord! No, Jeff! You can't be doing all that standing! When I was a mail carrier, I was standing and walking and it was just terrible. It ruined my back and my joints. Thank Jesus they moved me inside where I could sit down all day like the Good Lord intended us humans to do."

"So you don't think this is a good idea?"

"Jeff, who knows what all that standing will do to your poor bones? What you need is to go find another job at a call center. You can sit down all day and don't have to move a muscle. It will be much better for you."

"You're right. I'm going to give Sprouts my two weeks' notice first thing in the morning. Thanks for the advice! Do you want to go have lunch at Braum's with me later this week to celebrate?"

"I don't think so, Jeff. I've been trying to cut back on the fast food, what with needing to manage muh diabeetus and all that. But I suppose we all deserve a cheat meal every now and then. I'll get a Diet Coke with my double cheeseburger and that way I'll practically be losing weight just by eating!"
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »

The woman in question, reclining after a long, hard day of sitting at work.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:39:38 PM »

Unanimous
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »

I just want to clarify that jeff quit his job before his facebook friend told him about her own job, her post about her job at the post office was in response to jeff brown's facebook post about quitting his job
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 02:06:11 AM »

I just want to clarify that jeff quit his job before his facebook friend told him about her own job, her post about her job at the post office was in response to jeff brown's facebook post about quitting his job

So Jeff lied. Again.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 02:12:49 AM »

So Jeff lied. Again.

strictly speaking he didn't directly lie about it, he just spoke about it misleadingly:

Here is the reason I left Sprouts:  I was starting to get the idea that I was seriously risking my feet and back.  I felt that I was about 10-15 years too late and about 100-125 pounds too heavy to really be able to do the job very well.  Yesterday, one of my friends on Facebook told me of when she started working as a letter carrier for the post office at age 40.  She was real heavy and not in shape at all.  She could only do the job for a short time before she had to work inside at the post office for 9 years.  She is now on disability, hurts all of the time, both of her hands now have nerve damage, and she has to get injections in her right knee twice a year all because she took on a job that she physically couldn't do.  Her bad health was not an excuse, it was reality.  That confirmed the decision to change jobs and really validated it for me.  I know you all will probably balk at her story, but it really validated the decision for me.  Now, perhaps I was wrong about my perception and my fear, but we'll really never know the answer to that.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 05:40:30 AM »

bushie's friends are mostly horrible.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 05:53:32 AM »

To be fair that sounds like her story helped him convince himself that he had made the right decision, not that it is what helped him decide to do it.

It's still bs of course. When you are on your feet for long periods it hurts at first... but then your body gets used to it and it doesn't hurt anymore. Because that is how bodies work. Oh my god. His heart is what needs looking after, not his knees.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 06:03:37 AM »

I am amazed people had hopes. After all we've been through.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 06:25:18 AM »

will we ever get the truth as to why bushie left his job?

so far the story is that one of his fat friends once had a job and it hurt her feet...and bushie didnt want to chance that.  although it has been noted that his fat friend didnt mention this until *after* he had quit redacted.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:54 AM »

So Jeff lied. Again.

He's Mr Consistent, Nathan.   Now BK will be Unfriended.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 08:54:05 AM »

So Jeff lied. Again.

He's Mr Consistent, Nathan.   Now BK will be Unfriended.

He's not in any danger.  My scissors are staying in the drawer.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »

Were you fired bushie?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »

I am amazed people had hopes. After all we've been through.

Well, deep down I figured he'd last a week max, but that was an unpopular thing to say at the time.

I also wonder about this. The whole episode is bizarre. He quit and then regretted it but won't focus on it. We learned that he was on his way out at ONG after years of him saying he regretting quitting but was moving on. I do wonder if he was fired and this was his fall back story. We know he's a liar.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies