2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:17:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE!  (Read 51799 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:54 AM »

Neat-o.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:33:11 AM »

SF, Portland, Seattle. There's your map. lol

Hey, I don't know if you noticed or not...but this is the Political Geography & Demographics forum. So if you can't discuss issues in an empirical (or at the very least, in a non-ignorant) fashion without being a blatant partisan hack, then kindly show yourself the door and fuck off.

+100. I can't be a big help here (living abroad and being almost completely Internet-based), but waitng for the result with great interest. BTW - what is so special in that Mississipi county, that gave Obama only 2% of white vote? Even by Deeep South standard that's something
The dead rose to vote against the black man, of course! It's southern tradition!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:59 AM »

Wow, Obama did a lot better in Tennessee then I would have expected. I guess the only thing separating it from North Carolina in terms of competitiveness is the massive black flight from the state.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »

I find it very interesting that whites in the south living in urban counties and/or counties with more black and Hispanic people are much more likely to vote Democratic than whites who live in a exurban, rural, majority white counties.
Could many of the white Obama voters in heavily-black counties have partially black ancestry or have blacks in their family and thus in part identify with African Americans in some way?
Doubtful. It's more likely whites in urban areas are just more likely to be liberal.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »

I would like to see Missouri if you are planning on continuing.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »

Missouri is pretty much as expected, though I'm surprised Obama did so well in the counties south of Jefferson County. It might not take much for Clinton to actually win a few of them.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »

The Rust Belt sends its regards.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:21:27 PM »

Were there any counties where Obama won the white vote but didn't get over 50%?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:02 PM »

Silly me not scrolling down.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 09:41:17 PM »

Sorry to have not had an update recently - it takes a bit of time and I did so much toward the end of my last spurt that I ran out of steam temporarily. Texas was a roadblock, of course. Tongue I haven't forgotten about this and it will be finished sooner or later.
Famous last words for anything popular on the internet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies