2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:14:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE!  (Read 51747 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: April 11, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »

I'm a little surprised that North Carolina whites didn't vote for Obama at a higher rate, especially when compared to Tennessee.

I actually think the most interesting part of this is the level of rural white Dem support still left in NC, particularly when comparing the NC mountains to areas just across the border in any direction.  However, I did assume Raleigh and Charlotte white voters were a lot more Dem than the nation, so that part is surprising.  It will be very interesting to see VA for this reason.  I wonder if Obama actually won white voters in Fairfax or Henrico?

Yeah, no, Charlotte is like any other southern metro in terms of racial polarization.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

KY has been added.

2012 statewide share of the white vote for Obama: 31.5%

I'm not sure of some of these numbers. I'm sure Campbell County was over 35%, since Obama did a bit better than that overall, and the county is very, very heavily white. (Most nonwhite people who I knew growing up lived in other counties.)

Well, unfortunately I can't see the chart, but I suspect that the white vote for Obama in Campbell county wasn't much greater than that--Obama only got 37% of the vote there and the county is about 3% minority.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »

KY has been added.

2012 statewide share of the white vote for Obama: 31.5%

I'm not sure of some of these numbers. I'm sure Campbell County was over 35%, since Obama did a bit better than that overall, and the county is very, very heavily white. (Most nonwhite people who I knew growing up lived in other counties.)

Well, unfortunately I can't see the chart, but I suspect that the white vote for Obama in Campbell county wasn't much greater than that--Obama only got 37% of the vote there and the county is about 3% minority.

I have it at 35%. Is the file too big for you to see?

Also, as I was making Kentucky, I could hear in the back of my head the future chants of Bandit claiming that I didn't have the whites in his state showing up as Obama enough, that the Tea Party is dead, that Obama actually won a majority of whites...

School computer blocks imgur.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies