Opinion of white liberals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of white liberals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of white liberals
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of white liberals  (Read 1852 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »

Freedom Fighters of course. Most white people are awful, but white liberals are great. What's quite funny is how people like krazen like to claim white liberals are the most racist people in America, even though they usually live in heavily minority areas.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:37:45 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 11:30:40 AM by Hifly »

Awful. Not welcome at our Constituency Labour Party meetings.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:38:06 AM »

Liberals are the scum of the earth, regardless of what color skin they have.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:38:16 AM »

The Worst. (Working Class Scab)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »

Well, this should go over well.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:07 AM »

Liberalism is another manifestation of false consciousness, the notion that the capitalist system can be permanently muzzled with an attachment to individualist identity politics. Most aren't really bad people but as a concept I have to vote HP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

Is this the same as latte libruls?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 10:56:03 AM »

As I live in Minneapolis, I have to say to the idea that being as such and a white liberal are mutually exclusive nothing more than "LOL".
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »

I am a horrible man who should be executed during the forthcoming revolution.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »

I find the assertion in the OP that white liberals live in areas with high minority concentrations amusing. Are you talking about when the yuppies move into an area, or when they've lived there for awhile? Because the latter pretty much always results with the liberals having more or less evicted the people who have always lived in an area from their new, hipster enclaves.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »

I find the assertion in the OP that white liberals live in areas with high minority concentrations amusing. Are you talking about when the yuppies move into an area, or when they've lived there for awhile? Because the latter pretty much always results with the liberals having more or less evicted the people who have always lived in an area from their new, hipster enclaves.

That's right, after all places like Williamsburg/Park Slope and San Francisco just keep getting whiter and whiter. Roll Eyes

Also where I live:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »

Um for the south go compare the white liberal parts of Atlanta to the ultra-right wing Atlanta suburbs. Which are whiter?

Freedom Fighters of course. Most black people are awful, but black conservatives are great. What's quite funny is how people like OC like to claim black conservatives are the most racist people in America, even though they usually live in heavily minority areas.
FTFY

David Duke could have posted the same thing you did with 1 or 2 changes. Please look in the mirror.

It's mostly in response to people like krazen (even though he's temp banned now.)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 01:07:20 PM by Stone Cold Conservative »

I have to back up the observations made by ssflash (I think that's his name?).  The rise in the cost of urban living tends to run out the urban poor, who tend to be more often than not overwhelmingly non-white.  While it would be disingenuous on our parts to suggest that this is a malicious intention on the part of white liberals or whatever the hell you want to call them nowdays, it is a pretty damningly obvious trend.

And to be even more frank, this idea that "white liberals", at least the way BRTD uses the term, are devoted anti-racists is a huge absurdity.  Whether you like it or not "white liberals" like to congregate much like a lot of their "white conservative" cousins do and that is in "safe" areas.  Of course he will contest this noting that he likes to live dangerously in "high crime" areas.  Of course, as most of us with working brains knows, only a sheltered hipster moron who has never really lived in an actual "high crime" area would say.  So yeah, they can feel enlightened for living in the middle class Filipino part of Queens, but would they dare stay a week in Detroit?

I had a conversation a few years back with TJ about the racism of white liberals in the Cleveland Heights area.  Quite revealing I must say about their "curfew" laws.  Areas with high populations of these people generally tend to be some of the most authoritarian and nanny state places in the North American continent.  I don't think that is just a coincidence.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »

As usual with these dumb threads, I'll refrain from making a judgement on an entire segment of people.  I've met some White liberals who are extraordinary and genuine people who really believe that their methods will make the world a better place and are extremely passionate about realizing that change in their lifetimes.  I've also met White liberals who have comically unwarranted elitism just because they feel they can slap the label "urban" on themselves, think everyone who doesn't share their views is practically sub-human and think they're better than everyone because they go to Starbucks, have a Mac and dress less conformist (read: ugly and weird, LOL) than their uneducated counterparts.

So yeah, mixed bag.

Also: I've never heard this Krazen accuse White liberals of being the most racist people in the country, which I find to be an absurd accusation, but what I HAVE heard is people act like an otherwise liberal person who is also racist or prejudice is somehow not a "full liberal," or is "conservative on racial issues," LOL.  And that's even more ridiculous.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »

Race doesn't matter.  People are people. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »

HP for the shiggles.

I don't make judgments on this scale seriously because as so nicely articulated:

Race doesn't matter.  People are people.  
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »

Things that aren't a good idea a: this thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »

Also more proof white liberals are far less racist than most whites: voting for Barack Obama
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »

Most of them are pretty clueless, but fundamentally well-meaning.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 12:40:09 PM by Matt from VT »

As I live in Minneapolis, I have to say to the idea that being as such and a white liberal are mutually exclusive nothing more than "LOL".

Living in the suburbs of Boston and working in a grocery store, I have to deal with these "enlightened beings" all the goddamn time. I'm not even really referring to their economic views (I'm a bit further to the left sure), as I am to their attitude towards those people. As Mech excellently pointed out (as usual) it's the casual authoritarian nanny-statism and the general "know better than thou" policies that these people support which is such a big turnoff. They build their hipster enclaves with latte shops, whole foods, eco friendly excise taxes, whilst in the meantime chasing the original inhabitants out of town. Some dolts like living in "high crime areas" because they want to be edgy or whatever. Do you think that any of the original inhabitants chose to live in "high crime areas?" Sure, many of them will claim to love civil rights and such, but when it comes to the issues (i.e. drugs, protest, and issues regarding the police vs. the common people) they'll almost always side against the little people. Sure they'll always tell their kids that the "n word" is a big no-no, of course, but when it comes to real racial issues like the drug war, and police brutality, they'll always support their beloved big government policies and the "keeping the streets safe for our kids! Smiley " b.s. mentality. And my point isn't even that these folks are hardcore racists or anything. It's the fact that they tend to like "their distance" from those people every bit as much as white conservatives do.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:37 PM »

Both white liberals and white radicals are the worst when it comes to speaking for/over minority groups and inserting themselves into complex/intra issues with only a cursory understanding of them.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

In defense of white people, I will say minorities often don't like whites moving in either. It's just that whites have more power to ACTUALLY be racist.
the rate of rapes and racially motivated crimes against white people by blacks is higher than vice versa. it's certainly true that there's elements of 'institutional racism' against blacks in areas like finance and the prison system still. but you don't need to have legal sanctions to terrorize people on a wide scale. a lot of the worst sort of 'racism' that liberals point to - ethnic cleansing and pogroms - are pretty much by their nature illegal or "extra legal" by their nature. this idea of 'racism = power + prejudice' is just ridiculous and shows the internally contradictions (if not hypocrisy) within modern liberalism and much 'the left'
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »

Limousine-class voting to entrench their own socioeconomic power by handicapping and controlling all subsequent generations.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »

Limousine-class voting to entrench their own socioeconomic power by handicapping and controlling all subsequent generations.

jao
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »

Well I guess some of them are not horrible obnoxious people, but the ones BRTD talk about are.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies