Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:21:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters  (Read 8402 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »

So in other words Kansas is going to spend MORE money on welfare services, since enforcing something that requires this level of micromanagement isn't going to be cheap.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »

A great point made by barfbag/Derek of all people (broken clocks and all that) is that food stamps are actually some of the most efficient government spending, the money is immediately put back in the economy and grocery stores and the agricultural sector are important economic bedrocks. Cutting and restricting food stamps hurts a lot more people than just the recipients, and what's being done here isn't even going to save the state money. So yes, it is very much like drug testing welfare recipients, in addition to being insulting and dehumanizing it doesn't save the state any money or accomplish anything productive.

Also Naso's posts are having me thanking God krazen isn't around now, I can only imagine how nausea-inducing his posts would be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies