Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:33:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters  (Read 8381 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »

I'm opposed to big government!!! Unless we can use the big government to micromanage the lives of the poor for no reason other than paternalism and spite, I guess.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:34:33 PM »

I can't believe Republicans are okay with the bank account freezing aspect. The government taking control of your money and demanding how it be spent is hardly a libertarian concept.

It's almost as if poor people just completely don't matter to them.

THEY DO MATTER. But this is the real world. We see a woman pop out kids like a Pez dispenser KNOWING the more children she has, the more government money she gets. We see women shopping like they're Paris Hilton when they are on "assistance". It's like, "Oh yeah, you get our tax dollars instead of working, but you use it for shopping!"

Doesn't THAT matter to you?

Are you a real human being?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:36:14 PM »

I think that if a parent requires the government to hold their hand and tell them they should be buying food and clothes for their kids instead of lingerie and tattoos; their is clearly some ... deeper issue at hand, that won't be solved by such top-down paternalistic solutions.

There is a shocking lack of faith in poor people's ability to look after their own children among some conservatives.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »

Well, I'm no hands-off smallgovernmentarian, but I feel that these sort of interventions are overly crude. I feel that if the state really wanted to prevent dysfunctional homes it would invest in affordable childcare, limit working hours and boost socialwork programs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies