Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:26:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas passes law banning food stamp receipients from pools, movie theaters  (Read 8414 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 07, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2015, 09:52:23 PM by True Federalist »

Makes sense. Basically, it's saying, "Okay, we'll give you food stamps paid for by the American taxpayer. But if we find out you're using assistance for shopping at Victoria's secret, or going to the movies, then we take it away."

Similar to mandatory drug testing for welfare.

Unless I'm missing something, if so please elaborate.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

Wouldn't a law such as this violate some of the provisions of the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

Doubtful. You can't take a law passed by a few idealistic bleeding hearts 50 years ago the basis for taking apart what the country always has been.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 09:57:50 PM by True Federalist »

I can't believe Republicans are okay with the bank account freezing aspect. The government taking control of your money and demanding how it be spent is hardly a libertarian concept.

It's almost as if poor people just completely don't matter to them.

THEY DO MATTER. But this in what I think is the real world. We see a woman pop out kids like a Pez dispenser KNOWING the more children she has, the more government money she gets. We see women shopping like they're Paris Hilton when they are on "assistance". It's like, "Oh yeah, you get our tax dollars instead of working, but you use it for shopping!"

Doesn't THAT matter to you?

(EDIT: If it weren't for the discussion this trollish post generated, I'd have deleted it.  Instead, I'll settle for an editorial modification. - True Federalist)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:52:21 AM »

Wow...forgot about this thread, didn't realize I hit such a nerve.

My point is simple. We need welfare. We need entitlements. But it has to be reformed so people can not abuse the system.

A mom buying food using Government assistance until she gets on her feet is okay. A mom abusing the system isn't. It's quite simple.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies