Is living in an area with almost no opposing political views unhealthy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is living in an area with almost no opposing political views unhealthy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is living in an area with almost no opposing political views unhealthy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Is living in an area with almost no opposing political views unhealthy?  (Read 1097 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »

Such as liberals who live in 85-90% Obama areas or conservatives who live in ultra-conservative exurban areas and thus basically just assume everyone around them has the same views they do...and is usually correct. And thus such people end up with no exposure to dissenting views or different opinions.

I say no though, because I like my 86+% Obama precinct and take comfort in knowing how unlikely it is any of my neighbors are anti-gay or teabagger idiots.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »

Like most normal human beings, I don't talk to strangers or acquaintances or people I run into about politics. I don't even really talk to my friends about politics, beyond making fun of Republicans for being dumb or whatever. Having protracted political debates or discussions in the real world face to face with a real person is almost always awkward and uncomfortable for both parties so I try to avoid that.

Ah but that's basically what I'm referring to. Remember too, Michele Bachmann was from this state in Congress for 8 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies