Obama to Denounce "Conversion Therapy" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:12:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama to Denounce "Conversion Therapy" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to Denounce "Conversion Therapy"  (Read 5430 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 09, 2015, 04:29:23 AM »

Right, because the type of people who believe this crap works and is necessary are definitely going to change their minds after hearing Obama denounce it.  I predict a bounce in support for the practice!

And I'm sure the First Amendment will be cited to protect the rights of people or groups to psychologically torture children anyway.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »

Right, because the type of people who believe this crap works and is necessary are definitely going to change their minds after hearing Obama denounce it.  I predict a bounce in support for the practice!

And I'm sure the First Amendment will be cited to protect the rights of people or groups to psychologically torture children anyway.

Medical malpractice is not protected by the First Amendment. Yes, I know, you already knew that. Smiley

But they will try to use it. Which is what is so painful.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »

And here I'll once again point out that it does work sometimes, but more often than not it fails. The few success stories are the reasons people do them.

You always bring this up. Given that these 'success' stories often years or decades later come out and say nothing changed then I think there is reason to dismiss 'success' stories. Some people find that they are more bi than gay or straight but that's not the same as claiming same sex attraction is 'cured'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies