John Kerry's Bullsh*t (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:24:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  John Kerry's Bullsh*t (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Kerry's Bullsh*t  (Read 1428 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: April 28, 2005, 09:07:30 PM »

I'm writing a pretty important timed essay tomorrow on BULLSH*T, and I need a good political statement to analyze.  I was thinking about something from John Kerry (god knows there's enough out there...)

So if anyone could give me a great example of a statement that could be considered bullsh*t, preferrably a political one whether's it from Kerry or not, I would greatly appreciate it.

When I say "bullsh**t," this is what I'm talking about.
"Bullsh**tting involves a kind of bluff.  It is closer to bluffing, surely, than to telling a lie.  But what is implied concerning its nature by the fact that it is more like the former than it is the latter? Just what is the relevant difference between a bluff and a lie?

Lying and bluffing are both modes of misrepresentation or deception. Now, the concept most central to the distinctive nature of a lie is that of falsity. Bullsh**tting, unlike plain lying, is more especially a matter not of falsity but of fakery."

Nation, I think Kerry in the Elmer Fudd costume with the price tags still on it qualify- quack, quack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies