Tennessee on verge of banning phones, cameras at polling places (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee on verge of banning phones, cameras at polling places (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee on verge of banning phones, cameras at polling places  (Read 4262 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 11, 2015, 01:53:16 AM »

It stinks.  Our democracy is dead. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »

Minnesota: The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State strongly discourages voters from using cameras or video recorders in the polling place. And you can't share your ballot results with anyone in the polling place, but it is unclear whether you could legally share it with the rest of the internet.

Reasonable, as usual.  Record if you must...but make sure there's a good reason for it.  Like suspected disenfranchisement.  Which should always be recorded regardless of the law.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

I don't see the issue either. Already illegal in Canada.
Cuz if Canada did it, it's right.

And you wonder why I'm obsessed with eschatology.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »

Roll Eyes I mean, come on, you won't tell me that you can't take ten minutes to vote without taking a photo or tweeting a selfie? Freedom decision!

This isn't about being able to take a selfie with your ballot. (Though I totally would have done so last November if given the choice, and believe it should be legal.), this is about being able to record proof of voter disenfranchisement at polling places. But as usual your ability to spew right-wing talking points without looking at facts, while claiming to be a moderate is superb, so I'll just leave this here:

Indyrep isnt a real person.  He is a contrarian spambot.  In fact Mattymatt, its best to just assume all forumites like indyrep are literally cybermen waiting to be activated Tongue (kidding indyrep)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies