Get out: US voters want more deportations, curbs on immigrants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:40:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Get out: US voters want more deportations, curbs on immigrants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Get out: US voters want more deportations, curbs on immigrants  (Read 6078 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »

Deportation of illegal immigrants?

Not aggressive enough: 62%
Too aggressive: 16%
About right: 15%

Should illegals with American-born children be exempt from deportation?

No: 51%
Yes: 32%

Should there be an automatic birthright citizenship for children born to illegal immigrant mothers?

No: 54%
Yes: 38%

Should a person have to prove they are in the country legally before recieving government services?

Yes: 83%
No: 12%

http://rt.com/usa/247217-us-voters-immigration-poll/

OUCH. Even more harsh than my opinions.

I know you are a dirty racist and probably don't make a distinction, but this poll is about illegal immigrants, not immigrants in general. Your thread title is misleading.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »

This is what happens when the pro-immigration side makes themselves look this bad, essentially dismissing Congress from the process and engaging in illegal mass legalizations. They only have themselves to blame.

A future President, either a Republican or a law-abiding Democrat, will likely propose a reasonable immigration reform bill that will tilt the numbers back in its favor relatively quickly.

This poll is about illegal immigration!!!! I don't think the public will ever support illegal immigration, and nor should they. If changes need to be made to accommodate certain industries to rationalize the immigration system, like agriculture or meat packing, then it should be done by legislation.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:21 AM »

And here is a more reputable source on the opinion of immigration in this country.
http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/26/section-4-views-on-immigration-and-race/
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »

This is what happens when the pro-immigration side makes themselves look this bad, essentially dismissing Congress from the process and engaging in illegal mass legalizations. They only have themselves to blame.

A future President, either a Republican or a law-abiding Democrat, will likely propose a reasonable immigration reform bill that will tilt the numbers back in its favor relatively quickly.

This poll is about illegal immigration!!!! I don't think the public will ever support illegal immigration, and nor should they. If changes need to be made to accommodate certain industries to rationalize the immigration system, like agriculture or meat packing, then it should be done by legislation.

A majority against birthright citizenship, an extremely long-running right? That's a sign of serious polarization caused by angry partisanship.

I don't think opinions on that changed overnight. Being in favor of legal immigration and opposing birthright citizenship are not mutually exclusive. I don't think there is good data to suggest Americans have become more anti-immigrant after Obama's executive order. I don't trust the push poll cited in the OP. Especially since we can't compare answers to those specific questions from before the executive order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies