Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee  (Read 6633 times)
NerdyBohemian
United States

« on: April 09, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »

Oh lord.

I voted for him in 2010 but he's such an awkward man and terrible orator. Anyone would wipe the floor with him.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »

YES!!!! Awesome news. He's a weird progressive fusion kind of guy that appeals to me. Still going for Bernie or O'Malley though, but Chafee gets my attention.

I do like him though. If I were able to vote in 2006 and control of the senate wasn't up, I would've voted for him over Whitehouse and I have never voted for a Republican in a federal election.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:44 PM »

Didn't he have like one of the lowest approval ratings in the country as a governor? I thought that's why he didn't seek re-election last year. And he thinks he can win? Oh well, the more, the merrier.

That approval rating was much lower than it should've been. Anyone elected in RI will face low approval numbers because of how messed up the state is. Chafee also had other things going against him. The first was his plurality win, winning roughly a third of the state. The second was he ran and governed like a liberal and Rhode Island, though we may love Democrats, hates liberals. Third is Rhode Island is so dysfunctional and corrupt that almost anyone elected at the state level will be vilified within a year.

The media also turned him into the Grinch after the whole "holiday tree" thing despite the previous two governors calling it the same thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies