US adds 126k jobs in March as Opposed to 245k Expected, Unemployment at 5.5%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  US adds 126k jobs in March as Opposed to 245k Expected, Unemployment at 5.5%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US adds 126k jobs in March as Opposed to 245k Expected, Unemployment at 5.5%  (Read 6953 times)
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102559510

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

So much for the amazing recovery.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:02 PM »

Hahahahahhaaaaa. 5.5% unemployment and dropping, but suddenly it's only 126k jobs created and OH NOES! SPUTTERING ECONOMY! RECOVERY IS OVER! etc. etc.

Try and tell me there's not a conservative media in this country. I dare you.

edit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This is kind of like saying 1948 was the worst result for Democrats since 1932.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2015, 10:52:59 PM by Monarch »

Yea, unlike the past 14 months where we had 250,000+ jobs and meet/beat expectations, this is the month the job report matters.

Hahahahahhaaaaa. 5.5% unemployment and dropping, but suddenly it's only 126k jobs created and OH NOES! SPUTTERING ECONOMY! RECOVERY IS OVER! etc. etc.

To be fair, CNBC concern trolls from every direction. If their headline is "Experts: Now is the time to buy" you know the DJIA went down that day and vice versa.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »

Yea, unlike the past 14 months where we had 250,000+ jobs and meet/beat expectations, this is the month the job report matters.

To be fair, CNBC concern trolls from every direction. If their headline is "Experts: Now is the time to buy" you know the DJIA went down that day and vice versa.
So...CNBC is

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:57 AM »

Thank you Obama!
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »

Unemployment is a component of the labor force participation rate. Jobs created is a better metric for determining whether an economy is creating enough jobs to provide ample opportunity to the population.

We need at least 200,000 jobs per month, and we need closer to 250,000 if we're going to have enough workers to pay for SS/MED, which is something you should care about more than fluffing Obama.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »

Unemployment is a component of the labor force participation rate. Jobs created is a better metric for determining whether an economy is creating enough jobs to provide ample opportunity to the population.

We need at least 200,000 jobs per month, and we need closer to 250,000 if we're going to have enough workers to pay for SS/MED, which is something you should care about more than fluffing Obama.
But didn't President Romney say that unemployment would be at 6% at the end of his first term? Wasn't that good enough for you back in 08?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »

But didn't President Romney say that unemployment would be at 6% at the end of his first term? Wasn't that good enough for you back in 08?

He wasn't talking about shrinking the labor force.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »

He wasn't talking about shrinking the labor force.

Yes he was, just in a different way.  He wanted to take away their healthcare and just let a whole lot of them die off. 
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »

lol shifting goal posts.

The consensus back in 2008 onward was we needed ~125k/mo to keep up with economy growth. Guess where this report is at.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »

lol shifting goal posts.

The consensus back in 2008 onward was we needed ~125k/mo to keep up with economy growth. Guess where this report is at.

My post wasn't about economic growth. It was about covering our mandatory spending obligations, and creating enough jobs to keep up with population growth.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »

lol shifting goal posts.

My post wasn't about economic growth. It was about covering our mandatory spending obligations, and creating enough jobs to keep up with population growth.

Population growth is what I meant. The far-reaching consensus is 125k jobs.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »

Population growth is what I meant. The far-reaching consensus is 125k jobs.

Assuming stagnant or declining labor force participation. We can't afford to pay our bills if the labor force continues to contract.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »

Excellent.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 09:57:25 PM »

I had dinner with a friend in Lauderdale who is a recruiter for financial professionals. He was telling me last night that during Q1 and especially March, things seemed to really tighten up.  Many of his clients pulled jobs that were out there.  He's hoping this is only a temporary blip, but he was surprised how much things tightened in this past quarter compared to Q4 last year.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies