England local elections, May 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  England local elections, May 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: England local elections, May 2015  (Read 14899 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 09, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »

The everyone but Conservative gouvernance in Norfolk County (to return to the old committee system) and the Portsmouth Con-Lab-UKIP coalition comes to my mind.

Mind, those two were to get rid of a long-running administration.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:30:14 PM »

Why is it after 3 days 11 Councils have not released results.  I assume it is because they do not count on the weekend and they were too busy counting Thursday and Friday the national election votes ?  Even then the speed seems very slow.

Indeed, they began counting local elections on Friday, but couldn't (venue has been rented to someone else) or wouldn't (you see, overtime pay) count durinng the weekend.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 09:58:07 PM »

Why is it after 3 days 11 Councils have not released results.  I assume it is because they do not count on the weekend and they were too busy counting Thursday and Friday the national election votes ?  Even then the speed seems very slow.

More details on that.

Of those 11 councils, 10 only lack results for one ward. 5 of them will have to wait another month, as the election in those was postponed due to a candidate dying. The 5 other are needing a recount for a ward, done on Monday.

The other council, Middlebrough, had a terribly badly managed mayoral election and so they lacked time to count local elections in 5 wards. They will finish on Monday.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »

The Continuity SDP lost their last seat in Bridlington. To UKIP.

Well, "lost". They weren't defending it and I think lost it really during a by-election in late 2014.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Silver End & Cressing. That's decline, they only won one seat, instead of the two like since 2003.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies