Is Scott Walker ready for prime time?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:42:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Scott Walker ready for prime time?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Scott Walker ready for prime time?  (Read 551 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:53:42 AM »

I have had my doubts, concerned that he just doesn't have the "necessaries" upstairs as Al Companis of the Dodgers once put it (costing him his job). This article reinforces that little impression of mine. I don't think he is going to get very far is my instinct. You heard it here first.

On the other hand, I think Rand Paul probably does. His problem is some of his positions were pretty far out there (although never so kooky (or in some cases toxic) as his daddy's), and his dialing them back now will require a lot of political skill. We shall see.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:27 AM »

It all depends if Cruz plans to destroy him first or go after Jeb from the start.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:12:31 AM »

Walker seems like a dope and Cruz seems smart but Gingrich had to wait for the dumber Perry and Cain to self-destruct before he got his turn. But Cain's infidelity not his dumbness is what destroyed him. The GOP has a high tolerance for dumb and folksy, and to a large extent for flipping. That's in Walker's favor. Cruz  can't topple Walker alone. He'll need Bush and Walker to help him.

Also, sorry but I didn't hear it here first. And what's it going to take to persuade everyone here that Rand Paul has no chance at being the nominee?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 08:16:50 AM »

Walker seems like a dope and Cruz seems smart but Gingrich had to wait for the dumber Perry and Cain to self-destruct before he got his turn. But Cain's infidelity not his dumbness is what destroyed him. The GOP has a high tolerance for dumb and folksy, and to a large extent for flipping. That's in Walker's favor. Cruz  can't topple Walker alone. He'll need Bush and Walker to help him.

Also, sorry but I didn't hear it here first. And what's it going to take to persuade everyone here that Rand Paul has no chance at being the nominee?

Not much. I suspect you are up to it. Smiley
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:20:33 AM »

Republican politicians are supposed to seem dumb and mean.  Walker fits that perfectly.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 08:29:40 AM »

Republican politicians are supposed to seem dumb and mean.  Walker fits that perfectly.

Cruz strikes me more as the Darth Vadar character in this particular saga (with Newt being his role model). Walker is more like The Strawman in the Wizard of Oz.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:51 AM »

Cruz makes up for not seeming dumb by being incredibly obnoxious.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »

A problem is that, if you agree with him, he's not obnoxious at all. He's really a magic bullet of nominate-ability without elect-ability.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 08:46:47 AM »

A problem is that, if you agree with him, he's not obnoxious at all. He's really a magic bullet of nominate-ability without elect-ability.

Sure.  If there was a Democrat like Ted Cruz, I would vote for him/her in the primary (although not if they were as extreme left as Cruz is extreme right).  I like obnoxious people, I'm from New York.

Ted Cruz is sort of the Elliot Spitzer of Republicans.   That would be the best debate of all time, Cruz vs. Spitzer, and hopefully it would end in a fisticuffs.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:21 AM »

Cruz strikes me more as the Darth Vadar character in this particular saga (with Newt being his role model). Walker is more like The Strawman in the Wizard of Oz.

The Strawman??? You may as well call Darth Vader Helmutman.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »

The Strawman??? You may as well call Darth Vader Helmutman.

The Strawman.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies