Opinion of eCigs (vaping) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of eCigs (vaping) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Fine

Bad!

Jury's out

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Opinion of eCigs (vaping)  (Read 10399 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 10, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »

Obviously an alternate that's not nearly as bad, that the nanny state crowd has to poo-poo because god forbid anyone get around their nicotine addiction with a real solution and not their preconceived notion of what it means to "quit". 

Vape on!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »

I think that a lot of the response to them has been somewhat revealing in showing that anti-smoking zealots hate smokers more then being concerned with public health since there's no evidence to suggest that they contribute to second hand smoke.

Precisely.  It's about them, not the smoker.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:46:15 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 05:48:24 PM by HockeyDude »

Well, as a smoker who'd like to quit, I don't care for their taste or the sensation.  From a public health perspective, as they carry many of the same risks (and potentially others) as traditional cigarettes, it's probably not a viable alternative and should be scrutinised to the same regulatory extent that tobacco is.  Not to say that I'd discourage anyone from using it; my brother used one to avoid cigarettes and it seemed to work for him.  But I don't see any indication that it is some sort of cure for rampant nicotine addiction.  Secondhand smoke is just one problem, and admittedly a major one, presented by smoking.  The costs associated with ailments that smokers experience still ultimately affect all of us.

How so?  There is no tobacco in them.  Nicotine in and of itself is not what kills the smoker.  I know these are very obvious to you but how can inhaling tobacco smoke and flavored water vapor carry the same risks?  None of this has been proven, and most anti-eCig propaganda is funded by

1. Pharmaceutical and insurance industry, who want you to chill out with their poison.

2. Tobacco companies, obviously.

The enemy of thy enemy is thy friend, yes?  This is why the common man should be so fed up with the system in which we live. You MAY NOT have your cake and eat it, too, unless someone more powerful than you is profiting.  And the eCig manufacturers are pipsqueaks compared to Pharm Inc. and their collection of monsters.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »

Utterly degenerate.

If you're going to smoke, smoke.

TNF, why wouldn't you want the working classes to get their calming and soothing nicotine fix through less harmful means?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies