Opinion of John Kasich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:21:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of John Kasich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Ohio Governor, 2011-Present
FF

HP, but would vote for him over the TERRIBLE Hillary Clinton

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Opinion of John Kasich  (Read 1711 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »

Peter King: 91% "HP"
Carly Fiorina: 90% "HP"
John Bolton: 89% "HP"
Louie Gohmert: 80% "HP"
Donald Trump: 79% "HP"
Rick Santorum: 78% "HP"
Rick Scott: 78% "HP"
Mike Huckabee: 74% "HP"
Sarah Palin: 73% "HP"
Jim Gilmore: 72% "HP"
Bobby Jindal: 71% "HP"
Rick Perry: 68% "HP"
Mark Everson: 67% "HP"
Jack Fellure: 63% "HP"
Mike Pence: 62% "HP"
Lindsey Graham: 57% "HP"
George Pataki: 56% "HP"
Bob Ehrlich: 53% "HP"

Rick Snyder: 52% "FF/Would vote for over Hillary"

FF. The best possible candidate from either party.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »

Moderate heros get their dick in a fan for this guy, but he's pretty mediocre. I mean, on paper he looks like a very strong candidate, but in reality the guy is flimsy, awkward-looking, and has a tendency to offend constituents. As Ohio's Governor that seems acceptable, but he'd fumble at a Presidential level in a glorious fashion.

HP overall (general moderate rating unless proven otherwise), but he'd get my vote as Republican nominee over Hilldawg.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »

I'm a liberal, but heck, I have a soft spot for Maverick Moderates. FF, but not getting my vote.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:46:26 AM »

John KKKa$ick is a HP for beating the people's champion
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 12:54:08 PM by RINO Tom »

There are so many people's champions now a days that it's hard to keep them straight!  Then again, the term loses a little of its luster when it's so commonly bestowed upon the likes of Pat Quinn.

Anyway, FF.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

Walker-lite HP. I haven't forgotten 2011.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:36:09 PM »

There are so many people's champions now a days that it's hard to keep them straight!  Then again, the term loses a little of its luster when it's so commonly bestowed upon the likes of Pat Quinn.

Anyway, FF.

Ed FitzGerald would be President of Ireland if KaSickness didn't very rudely destroy him. Angry
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »

The 2010 class of Republican governors (LePage, Scott, Snyder, Walker, Deal, Brownback, Fallin, Haley, Corbett) has by-and-large proven to be genuinely terrible. Kasich is not an exception to the trend.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »

I actually agree with you, Kasich is one of the best Republicans in the country.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »

Less terrible than most of his party, I guess.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »

FF Clearly. He's the best example we have at the moment of a conciliatory, pragmatic conservative who cares more about getting things done and improving Ohio than about checking a list of litmus text boxes. Yet, unlike almost all of the other supposedly "reasonable" Republicans, Kasich is actually still a conservative not a "fiscally conservative social liberal" or whatever the heck Huntsman is at this point (good riddance). Kasich is out there trying to move things in a different direction and show that you can both believe in something and get something done. Kasich is out there showing us that "I don't care about fetuses and all that jazz; I just want my trust fund to go up" isn't the only kind of "moderation" one can have.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 09:41:17 PM »

Again, one of the few Moderate Heroes who manage to be Freedom Fighters.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »

Massive FF! He's a very compassionate moderate. That's why he signed hidden attacks on a woman's health inside a state budget, got rid of an executive order protecting transgender workers, and referred to African American Democrats in Ohio as "you people." Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 09:47:03 PM »

Massive FF! He's a very compassionate moderate. That's why he signed hidden attacks on a woman's health inside a state budget, got rid of an executive order protecting transgender workers, and referred to African American Democrats in Ohio as "you people." Smiley

"Your people" [not "you people"] referring not to African Americans but to the votes of Democratic state senators of course. Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

"Your people" [not "you people"] referring not to African Americans but to the votes of Democratic state senators of course. Tongue
"Your people", yeah. And actually that was in reference to Kasich's then all-white Cabinet and telling Senator Turner he didn't need any African Americans in his administration.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »

"Your people", yeah. And actually that was in reference to Kasich's then all-white Cabinet and telling Senator Turner he didn't need any African Americans in his administration.

...telling Turner he didn't need any Democrats.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

...telling Turner he didn't need any Democrats.
According to Kasich's spokesman, which really isn't a reliable source. Granted, my source is kind of biased as well, so let's agree to disagree here. Tongue

Come on Fitzgerald, I'm sure Kasich is actually a good guy but was constrained by the Republicans in the state.
Kasich has made it perfectly clear that he calls the shots, not the far-right in the legislature. He's also signed/supported things that are amazingly controversial, but you guys only know him as the guy who expanded Medicaid.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

Come on Fitzgerald, I'm sure Kasich is actually a good guy but was constrained by the Republicans in the state.
Kasich has made it perfectly clear that he calls the shots, not the far-right in the legislature. He's also signed/supported things that are amazingly controversial, but you guys only know him as the guy who expanded Medicaid.

He's pro-life, which to you must be amazingly controversial, since it was a position you held only a couple years ago, yet one you now attack and ridicule with relentless vigor.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 11:08:52 PM »

He's pro-life, which to you must be amazingly controversial, since it was a position you held only a couple years ago, yet one you now attack and ridicule with relentless vigor.
I think you have the wrong person (I never was pro-life). I'm referring to other things beyond the abortion restrictions that Kasich signed.

He privatized a major state agency funded by taxpayer dollars, rolled back renewable energy standards, was one of the governor's who signed a bill saying it was okay to carry a concealed gun into a bar, SB5 of course, and his budgets literally give larger tax breaks to higher-income families while he raised taxes on the poor. The Ohio Governor also has a lot more power than say, the West Virginia Governor does, so Kasich could have prevented some of these horrid bills from passing. He just chose not to.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 01:55:14 AM »

HP, kind of wishy washy, but would still vote for him, as I would almost anybody, over Clinton.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »

Stands out as terrible even when compared to the rest of his party
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length